TANZANIA AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY CENTRE (NYUMBU)
Tanzania Automotive Technology Centre (TATC), synonymously known as “Shirika la
Nyumbu”, was formally established on 14th December 1985, through a Presidential
Order, made under the Public Corporations Act 1969, as repealed and replaced by the
Public Corporations Act 1992 and amended under the Public Corporations
(Amendment) Act 1993. TATC mission is to develop a reputable capacity for automotive
engineering by conducting research and innovation, technology transfer and quality
TATC is wholly owned by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through
the Treasury Registrar, with the Ministry of Defense and National Service (MoDNS) as
custodian on behalf of the government.
TATC now seeks to recruit dynamic, intelligent and result – oriented Tanzanians with
high integrity, to fill the following vacancies:-
2.1 WELDER III – 2 POSTS
2.1.1 REPORT TO: WORKSHOP FOREMAN
2.1.2 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Form four education with Trade Test Grade I in Welding with at least three (3)
years working experience as welder.
2.1.3 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Welds complex pieces which require high quality welds.
· Up-holds workshop safety practices.
· Instructs junior welders.
· Operates sophisticated welding equipment such as CNC welding machine.
· Inspects work done by junior welders.
· To identify machine malfunction and reports to Foreman.
· Prepares work pieces which requires special attention before welding for junior
Send your applications to the following address (Hand Delivery Not Accepted)
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
P. O. Box 63100
Dar es Salaam.
Deadline for application is 11th July, 2014 at 3:30 p.m