TANZANIA FOOD AND NUTRITION CENTRE (TFNC)
Tanzania Food and Nutrition Centre (TFNC) is a Government Institution under the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare. The Institution is responsible for coordinating nutrition activities in the country with the objectives of promoting good nutrition.
Application Closing Date: 16th June, 2014 at 3:30 p.m
1. MANAGING DIRECTOR OF TANZANIA FOOD AND NUTRITION CENTRE (TFNC)
JOB SUMMARY: The Managing Director is the Chief Executive of Tanzania Food and Nutrition Centre which consist five Directorates.
REPORTS: To the Governing Board of TFNC.
WORK STATION: Dar es Salaam.
TERMS OF EMPLOYEMENT: Permanent and Pensionable
SCOPE OF WORK: The Managing Director of TFNC is responsible for cording all nutrition matters in Tanzania Mainland.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Providing leadership in coordination of nutrition actions in the country.
- Guiding integration of nutrition into other sectoral policies, strategies and plans.
- Administration of the Institution in accordance with the policy laid down by the Governing Board.
- Advising the Governing Board on technical and policy matters related to Nutrition.
- Implementing various directives and decisions given by the Board.
- Overseeing the formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of short, medium and long term plans and programmes of the Institution in line with the goals and objectives stipulated in the Act establishing the Institution.
- Overseeing efficient management and smooth operation of the institution.
- Coordinating collaboration with national and international institutions in matters related to Nutrition.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.
- Postgraduate Degree either in Human Nutrition, Public Health, Economics or Public administration.
- Should have a work experience of not less than 8 years in management and administration, with at least 5 years in senior managerial position in a reputable organization, with a proven record of good performance.
- Knowledge and practical experience in administration of public service, Public Finance and Public Procurement Laws and Regulations.
- Computer proficiency is an added advantage.
Attractive remuneration salary according to institution`s salary scale.
2. COMMISSIONER FOR LANDS – 1 POST (RE-ADVERTISED)
JOB SUMMARY: The Commissioner for Lands is a head of Land Administration Service Division which consists of five Zonal Officers located in the zones in Tanzania mainland.
REPORTS: To the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Settlements Development.
WORK STATION: Dar es Salaam.
Terms of employment: Permanent and Pensionable
SCOPE: The Commissioner for Lands is responsible for land administration services in Tanzania Mainland.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise the Ministry on the revision of land policy issues and legislation.
- Oversee, monitor and evaluate the implementation of policies, laws, regulations and guidelines regarding land administration.
- Administer land acquisition, transfer, disposition and revocation.
- Set standards for land administration.
- Supervise and coordinate projects and programmes regarding land administration.
- Ensure the efficient delivery of land administration services.
- Supervise staff and monitor their performance in the Division.
- Prepare action plans, progress reports and budgets for the Division and
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by Permanent Secretary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Postgraduate Degree in Law or Land Management and Valuation from a recognized university/college.
- Work experience of not less than fifteen (15) years, of which five (5) years should be at management level, with a proven record of good performance.
- Knowledge and practical experience in the Administration of Public Service, Public Finance and Public Procurement Laws and Regulations.
- Knowledge and basic understanding of land issues, land policy and land laws and regulations.
- Have the ability to lead and supervise staff.
- Be computer proficient.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution’s Salary Scale TGS L.
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable
contact, postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject
of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make
the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates:
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will
necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November, 2010.
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvi. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xvii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xviii. Those who have applied for the post of COMMISSIONER FOR LANDS should not re-apply.
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P. O. Box 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Deadline for application is 16th June, 2014 at 3:30 p.m