ACCOUNTANT POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Accountant – 1 Position
This is an administrative position reporting to the Financial Manager. We are looking for a skilled accountant who will be tasked with maintaining business accounts, cashiering, and bookkeeping, while ensuring that all activities are in compliance with the Group’s financial policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent from a leading university;
• Minimum 3 years of working experience in similar position.
• Assist in managing accounts, bookkeeping, cashiering and store keeping;
• To ensure authorization process with respect to cash & bank management, procurement, sale and receivable transactions are complied with in accordance with company policies;
• Timely action and reporting on receivables and payables of the company;
• Prepare various required financial reports with successful completion on time;
• Comply with all statutory requirements on time and reporting to management;
• Keeping and updating of financial books, files, folders, and archives;
• Preparation of payroll and other payments;
• Account review and reconciliation;
• Comply with any other duty assigned by the financial director.
• Must possess advanced bookkeeping knowledge, practical hands-on experience, and highly developed technical skills to pre-empt, solve and manage complex issues effectively;
• Must possess the ability to work in a highly dynamic environment, under time constrains, and to a very high standard of accuracy;
• Must be an advanced computer user;
• Must have knowledge and experience in using accounting software;
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili (written & spoken);
• High sense of organization and structure;
• Efficient on time management;
• Good team player.
The group of companies is comprised of Rivertrees, Rivergardens, and Earth Products. Corporate offices and this post are located in Usa River, Arusha.
If you meet the above requirements, send your CV through APPLY NOW below
Include a cover letter and answer the following questions:
I. What has been your greatest professional achievement?
II. What is the basic accounting equation?
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES OR LARGE ATTACHMENTS.
Please submit your application for pre-qualification before Friday 7th October, 2016.