Danish Refugee Council - Tanzania
Job Vacancy – [Assistant Construction Officer -9 position]
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization which provides assistance and promotes durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
Danish Refugee Council is a new humanitarian actor in Tanzania. As part of the Burundian Refugee Response in Tanzania, DRC will implement in the sectors of camp management, protection and shelter/ small infrastructure.
In order to fulfill DRCs staffing needs for new operations in Tanzania, we are opening the following position for a Tanzanian national, based in Kibondo (Nduta /Mtendeli Camp).
- JOB SUMMARY & PURPOSE:
Reporting to the Construction Officer, this position will provide day to day supervision of construction activities and direct line supervision to the assigned casual laborer, artisans and incentives at Kibondo.
The Assistant Construction Officer can be assigned to work / live in DRC accommodations near any camp throughout Kibondo either permanently or temporarily. The Employee may additionally be required to act as Construction Officer, in the absence of their supervisor and undertake on their behalf any assignments delegated to him/her.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
R1: Technical and Management of DRC Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) Projects:
- Continuously supervise on quality, material utilization control at the field
- Directly supervise construction of family and communal latrines as per standards
- Mobilize communities and WASH committees to monitor usage of provided infrastructure and promote improved hygiene conditions in the camps
R 2: Monitoring, Reporting and Development:
- Quality control and site monitoring ensuring that services are according to SPHERE standards
- Programme monitoring as per expected outputs and outcomes.
R3: Team management:
- Directly supervise casual laborer, artisans and incentives
- Continuously update project documentation and files
- Other relevant duties as directed by the Construction officer
R4: External coordination and representation:
- Act as construction officer on request.
- DUTY STATION:
- Kibondo ( Nduta/Mtendeli)
- QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Advanced education on Public Health Engineering / Structural Engineering / Construction Management or subjects related to Water Sanitation and Hygiene
- One (1) years practical experience in engineering, including survey, planning and execution of WASH, PHE, PHP & building construction projects.
- Documented skills in design, calculation and technical drawings
- Excellent communication skills in English – both speaking and writing.
- Knowledge of Swahili or Kirundi) would be a significant advantage
Interested candidates should submit their application including cover letter and updated CV in English addressed to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis before the deadline, and interviews could be held before the deadline date. Deadline for applications is 10th October 2016.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply irrespective of origin, gender or age.
For further information about Danish Refugee Council, please go to www.drc.dk.