BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER-KIGOMA POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Private Agricultural Sector Support (PASS) Trust (www.pass.ac.tz) is a non-bank financial organization that facilitates provision of business development and financial services and credit guarantee to commercial farmers and agri-businesses that operate as small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs) in Tanzania. The vision of PASS is to become a leading organization in the provision of financial and business development services the Tanzanian agricultural sector: .
The Managing Director is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced, dynamic and motivated Tanzanian citizens to immediately fill vacant positions currently existing in PASS Trust.
Business Development Officer (2posts)
Appointed by Managing Director
Reports to Branch Manager
• Bachelor's Degree in agricultural field, preferably in agricultural economics, Business Administration or any similar qualification backed up with experience in business planning, project analysis, evaluation-and monitoring.
• At least three (3) years proven experience in a reputable organisation, two (2) of which in industrial/processing based organisation or related field.
• Experience in credit guarantee schemes and other financial or non-financial business development services required to accelerate investments in small and medium scale farming and agro enterprises is an added advantage.
In Service Structure
Grow from entry of administrative secretary levels with the minimum entry qualifications, and raise to Branch Manager Position.
Business Development Officer shall be employed on a three (3) year contract renewable subject to performance
Salary Scale - DPSG1
Key result areas
• Promoting and informing about role of PASS, at meetings with potential clients, at visits to clients, through handouts, posters, and advertising.
• Preparations of Business Plans (BP) & proposals for PASS/Clients.
• Identification of demand for assistance and support from target groups in accessing finance from
• Banks. This will cover SMEs in primary and secondary agriculture including agro processing.
• Design and establishment of feasible models for activities at smallholder farmer levels, including diversification of crops, improvement of production practices.
• Making pre-evaluations of proposals presented for support, and assisting entrepreneurs in improving on proposals into Business Plans of acceptable standards.
• Identification, and preparation of solutions for bottlenecks in agriculture performance e.g. market access, processing, and appropriate mechanization'
• Liaise with relevant key local authorities so as to identify and promote investments in agriculture and agro business in the zone. This will include Chamber of commerce, Agricultural officers, Traders, processors.
• Assisting clients with obtaining credit facilities from PASS collaborating Banks.
• Monitoring the performance of the clients in relation to respective business plans and budgets.
• Reporting to the management on progress according to the agreed procedures.
• Performing other duties as advised by management from time to time.
Duty station: The duty station will be in any of the following stations: Morogoro and Kigoma.
interested candidates should send application letters, Photocopies of Academic Certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae, to:
Private Agricultural Sector support (PASS) Trust
Dar es Salaam
Closing date for receipt of applications is 14th October, 2016. Applicants who will not be contacted should regard their applications unsuccessful.
Source The Guardian,29th Sept 2016