USINESS DEVELOPMENT - SOLAR WATER PUMPING (INTERNSHIP) POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Power Providers Tanzania is currently looking for an intern to assist our Business Development Manager with developing the Solar Water Pumping Business Segment. The intern will be paired with an intern from Europe to form a team.
About Power Providers (www.powerproviders.co.tz)
Power Providers is one of the leading renewable energy providers in Tanzania. Power Providers was established in 2007 in order to develop an energy specific market niche. With over nine years of experience, a range of internationally recognised best-brand products and a well-established support structure, we are well positioned to offer flexible, reliable energy solutions that are uniquely tailored to the requirements of customers across Tanzania and Eastern Africa.
Power Providers employs skilled professionals who are trained to understand the unique energy needs of each customer we work with, and who specialize in designing and installing specific solutions for each of our clients. In addition, Power Providers employs highly motivated support staff in order to run a smooth operation. All employees at Power Providers strive to create a fun, hard-working, and results-oriented environment. Power Providers aims to be an equal opportunity employer that promotes an inclusive workplace.
Historically Power Providers has had a focus on the hospitality industry and institutions. Though we are already active in the agricultural industry we would like to increase our focus on this industry especially with regards to solar water pumping. Pumping water for irrigation using solar power can be a clean, reliable and cost-effective way to get water in area’s which are often not connected to the national grid.
As a business development intern you will be involved in all aspects of making this a flourishing business unit for Power Providers. Specific tasks include doing market research, developing the business case, looking for potential partners and developing a marketing strategy. You will be working from the Power Providers office in Arusha, Tanzania, however, there will also be substantial field work. As Power Providers is a growing company on a tight budget please note that you will often be using public transport and local guest-houses for the fieldwork.
Depending on performance and business success the intern might be employed on a permanent contract after the internship.
Power Providers is looking for an intern with the following minimum qualifications:
- An (almost finished) Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Energy, Engineering, Business or a related field.
- Able to stay for a minimum period of 3 months (preferably 6 or 9 months)
- Ability to work in a structured and precise manner
- Ability to manage priorities and to work to deadlines
- Good spoken and written English
Applicants with below qualifications get bonus points:
- Interest and/or affinity with renewable energy
- Active participation in activities during your student time
- Driver license and experience driving
The package which Power Providers offers includes:
- a very basic allowance can be discussed
- working in a enthusiastic, driven and inspiring work environment
Applicants are invited to submit their application by completing the following two steps:
1) Fill out the application form which is accessible by clicking on the following link: FORM
2) Send an email via APPLY NOW below with subject “Application for Business Development Intern”. In your email please attach:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Professional certificates
- Certificates of service
- Contact details (including email and phone number) of at least three professional references
Please note that:
- All candidates who fill out the application form will receive a response
- Applications which are sent by regular mail (post) will not be considered
- Applicants who only sent an e-mail (and did not fill out the application form) will not be considered
The deadline for submission is Wednesday October 5th 2016 at 12:00. Interviews will be scheduled for the following week. The anticipated start date lays a few days after the interviews.