CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER POSITION DESCRIPTION:
From Daily News, 28th Sept 2016
Sungura Cements Company Limited is a new entrant in to the Tanzanian market and is in the process of launching its production shortly. In order to meet its business needs, we are looking for the following personnel. These positions will be based at Tanga.
Shortlisted candidates who are from Tanga Region would be interviewed in Tanga. Candidates from other regions would be interviewed via Skype. Interviews would be conducted in the 2 week of October 2016
Position Title: Chief Security Officer (1)
• Exercising independent judgment in the implementation and enforcement of laws, regulations, and po1icies
• Taking care of all electronic surveillance/CCTV activities of the organization for incidents/investigations
• Taking care of the planning, coordinating, arid directing security and safety programs to include loss prevention, parking/traffic control, patrolling of physical property, enforcement of statues and investigation of criminal acts.
• Development and implementation of security and safety procedures; ensured compliance with occupational safety and health standards, building policies and procedures, and applicable laws.
• Conducting follow-up investigations of reports of criminal activities and violations of safety standards.
• Monitoring, reviewing and tabulating Performance Improvement activities for the Department.
• Assisting with 24 hour call coverage for the department
• Establishing security patrol priorities. .
• Identifying high risk areas and initiated actions to reduce risk exposure.
• Reviewing utilization and maintenance of security equipment
• Surprise visits at sites allocating duties to security guards.
• Supervision of security guards in the performance of their duties.
• Verify the agencies invoice and other bills.
• Making strategy on preventive and corrective measures.
• Taking care of all letters, agreements related to security services.
• Local liaison with govt. departments (Police, fire etc)
• Graduate, Diploma or Certificate course in Industrial Security Management
• Experience with the Tanzanian defense / Police would be given preference
• Should have.8 to 10 Years of experience in security management experience.
• Ability to lead a team of Security personnel
• Should / willing to be based in Tanga