NORTH EASTERN DIOCESE OF THE EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH IN TANZANIA (NED-ELCT)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill vacant position of Director of Economy, Planning and Development at NED-ELCT head office Lushoto
Job title: Director of Economy, Planning and Development
Reporting to Diocesan General Secretary
Nature of Work:
Performs a variety of administrative, technical and professional work in preparation and implementation of economic, planning and development programs, and services within the Diocese.
This is a full time position, a director is responsible for working closely with income generating projects and poverty alleviation programe, in promoting the social and economic development interests within the North Eastern Diocese.
This position will include working with all entities noted above in providing guidance to individuals to better their performance.
The position will include assistance in the planning and coordination of income generating projects and businesses including programes and donor funded projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs economic, Planning and development initiatives to achieve the goals and objectives of the Diocese.
- Provides assistance in the development of short and long term economic development plans and polices within the Diocese, as well as the gathering of information and preparation of studies, reports, and recommendations to achieve such goals.
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the economic and business development program, recommend new and existing business development and expansion strategy.
4.Provides professional economic development advice, assist in the application and permitting process, and serve as an advocate for economic development in line with the Vision and Mission of North Eastern Diocese.
- Promotes and cultivate a habit of business minds among employees in income generating projects and business.
- Prepares projects proposals and grant applications, and other necessary documents as may be required by the North Eastern Diocese administration.
- Formulate and implement marketing and business attraction strategies for the NEDs businesses and Projects.
- Maintains strong working relationships with heads of projects and businesses, general public, clients, and others.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the General Secretary
Training and Experience Required:
- Considerable experience at least 5 year in economic, planning and development, including administrative capability
- Masters holder, preferably with specialization in Economic, Business Administration, Project planning or a related field.
- Considerable knowledge of business development, planning, and project management.
- Ability to communicate effectively to groups and individuals, businesses, supervisors, employees, and the general public.
- Ability to establish working relationships with other organizations and economic development partners.
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports and data, and have skill in the operation of necessary tools and equipment, i.e. computer, word processing, spreadsheet software, and general office equipment.
Contract period: The holder of this position will be offered a contract of two years- renewable
Mode of Application:
Interested candidate should send their applications enclosing photocopies of certificates, curriculum vitae, telephone number and contact addresses of three referees to the address below
North Eastern Diocese-Evangelical Lutheran Church
P.O Box 10 Lushoto-Tanga
The closing date for receiving application is October 15th, 2016 at 16.00 hours.