SALES MANAGER - DISTRIBUTION POSITION DESCRIPTION:
From Daily News, 28th Sept 2016
Sungura Cements Company Limited is a new entrant in to the Tanzanian market and is in the process of launching its production shortly. In order to meet its business needs, we are looking for the following personnel. These positions will be based at Tanga.
Shortlisted candidates who are from Tanga Region would be interviewed in Tanga. Candidates from other regions would be interviewed via Skype. Interviews would be conducted in the 2 week of October 2016
Position Title: Sales Manager - Distribution (1)
• Development of distributor network
• Coordinating and preparing sales schedule for distributors.
• Generating periodic spies reports.
• Managing the entire sales & distribution network for the region
• Minimize Outstanding (Days of Sales Outstanding)
• Improve price positioning (Maintain prices/ contribution per ton)
• Travelling required to Monitor and analyze market trends, studying competitor's product and services strategy,
• Ensure Proper dispatch to the network and customers. .
• Achieving the sales and collection targets of every depot
• Training and development of the depot managers ~d sales staff
• Ensure that all vacancies are filled, performers are recognized and rewarded, non-performers are phased out and new recruits are suitable inducted and trained. '
• Lead and motivate the team to work effectively toward achievement of the organization objectives.
• Conceptualize, formulate and implement effective strategies to increase demand and market share and establish effective monitoring systems to evaluate progress against predefined timelines.
• Ensure that the organization resources (market spends and manpower (are correctly deployed to reach the desired goals.
• Implement the Business Development Initiatives of the company to enhance brand recall and usage amongst applicators.
• Planning and executing various BTL demand generation activities for new /existing products to generate the secondary sales and to increase the demand pull of the products.
• Analyzing market information on competitor's activities to suitably refine the sales strategy
• Establish benchmarks and metrics to measure and improves the performance of the various channel partners
• Bachelor’s Degree with 8 to 10 Years of Experience within a manufacturing set-up
• An MBA would be given preference
• Networking and good interpersonal skills.
• Channel/Trade sales experience would be given preference
• One should have good team handling & Customer Handling experience
• Good communication in English and Kiswahili is required
• Good convincing skills for handling the sales and marketing experience
• Should be able to handle daily targets and Pressure.
• Contributes to team success by accomplishing related results and achieves the sale
• Experience within the Cement Industry would be an added advantage.