TRAINEE QUALITY CONTROL- CHEMIST - (X6) POSITION DESCRIPTION:
From Daily News, 28th Sept 2016
Sungura Cements Company Limited is a new entrant in to the Tanzanian market and is in the process of launching its production shortly. In order to meet its business needs, we are looking for the following personnel. These positions will be based at Tanga.
Shortlisted candidates who are from Tanga Region would be interviewed in Tanga. Candidates from other regions would be interviewed via Skype. Interviews would be conducted in the 2 week of October 2016
Position Title - Trainee Quality Control- Chemist - (6)
• To control the stock pile, raw mill and clinker quality as per the requirement.
• To perform many types of chemical analysis on all materials used for the cement production such as: Limestone, Clay, Iron ore, coal, clinker, gypsum, and others when necessary by the EDTA and or Gravimetric method.
• Capable of using the following laboratory equipment:- XRF, XRD, PGNAA, Flame spectrometer, Bomb Calorimeter etc. Through Knowledge on the physical testing of cement.
• To determine the chemical elements on clinker as per the quality control testing frequencies established by the chief chemist. Example: daily test, weekly test, etc.
• Report all testing results to the Quality control manager and inform him quickly of any abnormal results.
• Close communication with the Manager for: target ranges, testing procedures, calibration of la~ instruments and know' how. .
• Keep his area of work in a clean condition at all times
• Respect of the environment rules and safety in a laboratory especially for the chemical products
• Bachelor / Diploma in Chemistry
• 1 to 3 years of experience as chemist in an integrated cement plant.
• Ability to work extended hours, weekends or holidays.
• Ability to communicate with others written or verbally.