Account Associate (Insurance/Agribusines)
Financial Services â Insurance, Tanzania Dar es Salaam
The Account Associate will be responsible for the day to day sales and marketing activities within Tanzania. Key Responsibilities: • Business sourcing, sales window planning and marketing activities. • Preparing weekly, monthly and annual work plans in close collaboration with the Senior Associate. • Manage relationships with and source for new group products in the area. • Partner/Stakehol
Acre Africa is a micro-insurance product designer operating as a service provider in the insurance and agricultural sector. Through localized solutions that reduce climate-associated risks, we are developing weather risk mitigation insurance products that cut across the agricultural value chain in Africa.
Acre Africa is a registered insurance surveyor in Kenya and agent in Rwanda, and Tanzania. By 2015, Acre Africa had cumulatively facilitated access to insurance for 800,000+ smallholder farmers across East-Africa and is run as a for-profit company with a strong social mission.
Acre Africa invites suitably qualified applicants to fill the position of Account Associate. This is a fixed-term engagement and the successful candidate will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with significant amount of travel within the country.
The Account Associate will be responsible for the day to day sales and marketing activities within Tanzania.
· Business sourcing, sales window planning and marketing activities.
· Preparing weekly, monthly and annual work plans in close collaboration with the Senior Associate.
· Manage relationships with and source for new group products in the area.
· Partner/Stakeholder relationship management. Liaise with a consortium of agribusiness, insurance, data providing partners, ministry of agriculture, marketing organisations and financial institutions.
· Develop and implement a training and marketing plan in the region.
· Prepare project reports and process documents for ongoing activities.
· Coordinating annual surveys.
· Undergraduate, university degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Finance or other related field.
· Affinity with the agriculture sector through between 2-5 years previous work experience relating to agribusiness, agro-industries development or value chain management.
· Strong knowledge of micro insurance/insurance/microfinance.
· Experience in the area of marketing for products in rural areas.
· Knowledge of Tanzanian local economy and local agricultural sector.
Required Skills and Competencies
· Fluency in both English and Swahili a prerequisite.
· Strong interpersonal awareness.
· Self-motivated and focused on quality and timely delivery.
· Ability to travel and live in basic conditions in rural areas.
· A valid Tanzanian driving license.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Good accounting and reporting skills.
· Pro-active problem solver.
Apply on Company Website
Apply on Company Website
Deadline date27 November 2016