Vacancy Announcement – re-advertised
Sustainable Agriculture Kigoma Regional Project (SARKiRP)
BTC is the Belgian development cooperation agency of the Belgian government. BTC supports developing countries in their fight against poverty. BTC is managing more than 200 programs in 30 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. With a turnover of 200 million euro, BTC is employing 350 staffworldwide. The Sustainable Agricultural Project supports the agricultural development inKigoma region through a pro-poor value chain approach. In direct collaboration with the Regional Secretariat, the project will facilitate the value chain development of cassava & beans. Producer groups arestrengthened through value addition, processing, market linkages, value chain financing, improved value chain service provision, market intelligence and multi stakeholder processes.
Advisor for gender and capacity building
Duration: 24 months with option for extension till 2021
Duty Station: Kigoma.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure gender issues are taken into account in project and value chain planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.Identification and implementation of practical activities with a high impact on gender equality and women’s economic empowerment.
- During the base line survey and value chain mapping: provide technical support, lead the gender diagnostics per value chain and conduct gender needs assessments of major stakeholders.
- Enhance gender mainstreaming in value chain development in collaboration with producer groups, staff, local government and service providers.
- Conduct a gender “audit” of activities, plans, budgets, TOR of consultancies and manual.
- Ensure the effective participation of the women and other vulnerable groups in the project activities and provide specific backstopping on gender issues.
- Identify best practices of gender equality and economic strengthening and contribute to the capitalisation of experiences.
- Assist the M&E technical advisor in identifying relevant indicators, in collecting these indicators and in analysing them. Reports quarterly on gender issues to the PM.
- Ensure that for each thematic area a capacity needs assessment and skills development plans are established.
- Organize and oversee the implementation of the capacity building plan.
- Identify and assess service providers in the field of capacity building.
- Contribute to the coherence of the capacity building efforts and stimulatethe exchange of experience and the dissemination of best practices.
- Ensure that training modules and approaches respect the principles of adult education, action research and ‘learning by doing’.
- Tanzanian national.
- A degree in one of the following disciplines: gender and agricultural development, human resources management, rural development, community development, social sciences or a related discipline.
- Technical skills: gender analysis, gender mainstreaming, empowerment of women groups, adult education and capacity building.
- A minimum of 8 years relevant professional experience of which at least 4 years with NGO’s.
- At least 5 years professional experience of training and/or management of programs for capacity building, adult education and capitalization.
- Experience with agriculture, business development, strategic planning and microfinance is an asset.
Attitude and experience required:
- Hands on, flexible, proactive attitude and able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication/interactive skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Computer literate.
- Willing to work and live in Kigoma region and travel regularly to the districts.
Only people with the required qualifications are requested to submit their application letter, CV, copies of academic and professional qualifications and 3 referees to:firstname.lastname@example.org with copy email@example.com. Deadline for applications: 17.00 p.m. Monday 31stOctober 2016.Late applications will not be considered. Only short listed applicants will be notified. As this is a re-advertised position, previous applicants do not need to re-apply.