Responsibility for inventory control and the physical running of Alistair Freeports Limited storage and warehousing facility.
1. Responsible for the operation of Alistair Freeports facility in line with Alistair Group policies;
2. Assess the availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to programming/contingency commodities arrivals;
3. Produce and Monitor progress of all incoming and existing consignments;
4. Supervise the receipt and inspection of all arriving consignments;
5. Supervise the inspection and release of all departing consignments;
6. Monitor the quantity and quality of commodity(ies) stored;
7. Carry out regular physical random warehouse checks of commodities and inventory;
8. Develop warehouse facility operations policies and procedures and communicate this information to staff/group;
9. Direct and control corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures within the warehouse operations department;
10. Perform day to day administrative tasks such as maintaining files and processing paperwork (Import/Export/Bin Card);
11. Produce weekly and monthly inventory reports;
12. Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are properly maintained;
13. Ensure that standard systems are properly maintained at the AFL facility;
14. Coordination with other Group entities for/on the delivery/dispatch and loading/offloading of consignments;
15. Create client quotations;
16. Plan, organize, direct, manage and evaluate construction projects to modify warehousing facilities;
17. Infrastructure check and maintenance of facility;
18. Business development and client Liaising;
19. Government Liaising and reporting;
20. Plan, develop, and implement facility health and safety, and security programs and activities;
21. Responsible for the identification of facility operation improvements;
22. Assist in the training of any counterparts in warehouse management best practice;
23. Perform other related duties as required.
University level. Business Administration, Management, procurement and logistics, Transport, Engineering or related field is preferable. Can be waived in lieu of proven experience in warehouse management and familiarity with logistics accounting procedures.
3 years of professional work experience in logistics management at the national level or progressively responsible experience in facility operations or maintenance.
1. Proven analytical and warehouse operation/management skills.
2. Excellent mathematical skills and attention to detail.
3. Competent with the TANCIS system
4. Knowledgeable on applicable Government regulations with regards to Freeport/Export Processing Zones, Bonded areas and Inventory reporting.
5. Ability to implement training.
6. Ability to manage groups of people.
7. Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
8. Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
Fluency in English and Swahili
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Logistics and Supply Chain, and Oil & Energy
Job type: Full-time
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Job function: Customer Service,Administrative,Supply Chain
Apply on Company Profile