The Macroeconomic and Financial Management Institute of Eastern of and Southern Africa (MEFM) is a regionally owned Institute with 14 member countries, currently: Angola, Botswana, Burundi Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. MEFMI was founded with the view to building sustainable capacity in identified key areas in ministries of finance, planning commissions and central banks, or equivalent institutions.
MEFMI strives to improve sustainable human and institutional capacity in the critical areas of macroeconomic and financial management; foster best practices in related institutions; and bring emerging risks and opportunities to the fore among executive level officials. MEFMI seeks to achieve, within its member states, prudent macroeconomic management, competent and efficient management of public finances, sound, efficient and stable financial sectors and stable economies with strong and sustained growth. The long term objective is to contribute to the poverty reduction process among people in MEFMI’s operational zone of Eastern and Southern Africa.
The MEFMI Secretariat is based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Applications are invited from suitable qualified nationals of member states to fill the following positions:
- REF: 092016BDU – BUSINESS DELEOPMENT MANAGER
Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent will be responsible for developing, maintaining and growing alternative sustainable revenue streams through designing of products, marketing and managing business development activities in general and in particular, short term executive courses for participants from non-MEFMI member organizations, in the areas of MEFMI’s core competencies.
Key Performance Areas
- Contributes to the MEFMI Strategy on issues pertaining to his/her areas of focus;
- Develops products and reporting tools for the Business Development Units;
- Presents to and consults with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products and distribution channels;
- Prospects for potential new clients and turns this into increased business;
- Design, plans and executes Workshops, seminars and courses;
- Presents business development training and mentoring to staff;
- Understands the Institute’s goals and objectives for enhanced performance.
- Presents new products and services and enhances existing relationships;
- Generates a return beyond covering the overheads of the Units;
- Undertakes other duties as assigned to him/her by the Executive Director from time to time.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- At least a Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Economics/Finance from a recognized institution.
- At least 3-5 years hands-on and progressive experience in the field of business development or business growth;
- Demonstrated excellence, understanding of and experience in a business or consultancy firm environment;
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated experience in the management of a team at a professional level;
- Strong qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills;
- Computer literacy and knowledge of different applications;
- Excellent written (report writing) and verbal skills;
- Ability to work long hours and under pressure including frequent assignments to member states;
- Leadership skills and ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels;
- Cooperation and Team Spirit;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
Marketing experience will be an advantage
The successful candidates for the above positions will be appointed on a fixed term contract at a competitive remuneration package, which includes a tax free salary paid in US dollars.
Applicants for the above vacancies should submit written applications, clearly stating the position applied for accompanied by certified certificates, a detailed CV with names and addresses (including telephone and e-mail) of three referees (the latest color photograph to be pasted on the CV to be received by 25th October, 2016.
Applications should be sent to:
The Executive Director,
9 Earls Road
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference and position applied for.
MEFMI is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.