C&F OFFICER POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Overall Purpose of the Job
Develop Alistair James Company Clearing and Forwarding capacity. Ensure timely and efficient port and border clearing service and to guarantee effective freight container management across the entire Alistair James Company Area of Operations.
Accountability & Responsibility Areas.
• Port Clearance & Forwarding, Transit Goods - Establishment and implementation of a robust port clearing processes in order to consistently meet or exceed the KPI of 4-day port clearance processing time and Nil Storage charges.
• Port Clearance, Import Goods - Establishment and implementation of a robust Port Clearing system and processes in order to consistently meet or exceed the KPI of 7-day port clearance processing time.
• Border Clearance & Forwarding, Import/Transit/Export Goods - Establishment and implementation of a robust Border Clearing Processes for all borders within the Alistair James Company area of Operations in order to consistently meet or exceed the KPI of 12-hour/same day border crossing processing time and Nil Storage charges.
• Freight Container Management – directly responsible for establishment, implementation and management of a robust and accurate container tracking system in order to consistently ensure return of containers within agreed ‘free-transit’ windows in order to meet the KPI of Zero Demurrage Charges
• Clearing and Forwarding Business Development - Work in conjunction with Business Development and AJC General Manager to develop and promote Alistair Clearing Services to Alistair Customer Base in order to generate business and grow ‘end-to-end’ customer service capability. KPI is to double revenue income per fiscal year
• Clearing Agent Monitoring and Management – Monitor, manage and drive clearing agent to meet all clearing key-stage KPIs are met. Measure and recommend improvements through the creation and analysis of monthly ‘Exception Reports’ in order to identify areas for improvement and demonstrate robust management and monitoring of all clearance processes.
• Act as the subject matter expert on all clearance issues by providing direction and support to Fleet managers to ensure best-practice for all port and border clearance and ensuring Operations Transit Time KPIs are consistently met.
Qualifications/ Formal Training/Education
• Post Graduate Education in Business Management or similar field of study.
• Project Management (PRINCE 2 / APMP) – Desired.
• Quality Management (LEAN six Sigma Certification / TQM) – Desired.
• 3 years’ experience in customs clearance & forwarding as well as associated material handling, storage and warehousing.
• IT Literate, specifically on all MS Office applications and data management systems.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent customer management skills
Strong initiative and problem solving techniques
Endless patience, humility and honesty
Online application,click APPLY NOW below
Application Deadline: 07 Oct 2016