The Cashewnut Industry Development Trust Fund (CIDTF) is a body incorporated under the provisions of Trustees’ Incorporation Act (Chapter 375 RE 2002). The main objective of the Fund is to provide a mechanism through with stakeholders could contribute and finance shared functions for sustainable development of the cashew sub-sector. The main stakeholders of the Fund are The Central Government, Local Government Authorities (LGAs) growing cashew, Cashewnut processors and Cashewnut farmers. The Fund has been in operation since year 2010 and has accomplished great strides in areas of inputs sourcing and distribution, training and extension services, supporting small and medium processors, supporting cashew research activities, strengthening the cashew marketing system and investment planning whereof it is currently embarking on establishing the new cashewnut processing factories. CIDTF has also embarked in a large cashew planting project starting 2016/2017 season.
CIDTF is therefore looking for qualified, dynamic and experienced Tanzanian to fill the following vacancies:
POSITION : Finance and Administration Manager
REPORTS TO : Executive Secretary
LOCATION : Mtwara
The Finance & Administration Manager is responsible for the efficient running of the Funds back-office operation the effective control of its financial and human resources and of the technical, IT and administrative system in order to contribute to the delivery of the organization’s overall service and commercial objectives.
1. Working closely with the Chief executive Officer, the finance and Administration Manager will have overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the Fund’s strategy, analyzing figures and implementing recommendations thereof for sustainable growth of the organization.
2. Leading and developing the finance and administration teams.
3. Ensure that proper Books of Accounts are maintained in line with Generally Accepted Accounting Standards and other professional pronouncements.
4. Presentation of periodical and annual financial and management accounts.
5. Work with senior management to grow the Fund, formulating strategies, plans and budgets.
6. Take ultimate responsibility for the Fund’s cash management, investment policies taxation and other regulatory compliances.
7. Develop the Fund’s human resources and administration system, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training and recruiting.
8. Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations.
9. Institute effective internal control systems to ensure safely of the Fund’s resources and compliance of laid down financial regulations.
10. Checking and approving payment Vouchers.
11. Perform any other duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Minimum Bachelors degree in Accounting Finance.
2. Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or equivalent professional qualification.
3. Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA), IT or Human Resources Management
4. Seven or more years of experience in similar position.
5. Ability to work in a multicultural diverse environment and under pressure.
6. Demonstrated ability to adhere to strict confidentiality involving internal/external information
7. Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English and Swahili.
8. Solid proficiency with accounting software along with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
9. Ability to plan, manage and follow through on assignments and communicate at all levels of the organization in a timely and professional manner.
10. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team with minimum supervision.
Successful candidates will work under a contract of three years, renewable upon satisfactory performance.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFCATIONS:
Ø Good University degree in Agronomy, Agriculture (General), Agriculture Education & Extension or equivalent qualification from recognized insti
Ø At least two years of post-qualification experiencd