IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a US based not-for-profit with a focus on supporting private enterprise in developing countries. We have worked in partnership with local people in 130 countries - mainly with the generous support of USAID - designing, implementing, managing and evaluating a wide range of market driven solutions along the entire value chain of a company or industry.
IESC is seeking a Communications and Outreach Specialist for the USAID-funded ENGINE project, which will strengthen access to finance, business enabling environment, and local business service providers in Tanzania. This position will be full-time and be based in Dar es Salaam.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all aspects of project outreach and communication;
- Assist project management in developing a communications strategy across multiple platforms, including print, electronic media, and social media. Other mediums may include, but are not limited to, press releases, press conferences, media interviews, site visits, success stories, beneficiary testimonials, professional photography, videos, webcasts and/or e-mail marketing;
- Develop and implement branding strategy that conforms to USAID requirements;
- Develop materials that communicate project messages to a broad range of audiences in Tanzania and the U.S.;
- Assist with program reporting for USAID including weekly and quarterly reports, and other documents as needed;
- Liaise with local media and public relations officers in local partner organizations and USAID;
- Arrange outreach events;
- Liaise with IESC home office communications to coordinate and amplify messages and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field required;
- Minimum of five years’ of relevant experience in public outreach, communications, media, journalism, or related field in Tanzania;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficiency in the use of styles, templates;
- Knowledge of USAID documentation requirements and branding guidelines a plus;
- Knowledge and experience in production of public outreach materials and strategy;
- Experience with photography and/or video editing a plus; or experience managing vendors in these areas;
- Comfortable editing documents produced by non-native English speakers;
- Fluency in English and Swahili required.
IESC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are highly encouraged to apply.