The Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) as a permanent institution is the assembly of the Bishops of Tanzania whereby according to the norm of law, certain pastoral functions are jointly exercised on behalf of Christ’s faithful in view of promoting the greater good which the Church offers to all people especially through forms and programs of her apostolate which are fittingly adapted to circumstances of our time and country.
Context and Purpose of the Role
The main role of the farm manager will be planning, organizing and managing all the activities of the farm that ensure its operations run smoothly and efficiently. This will involve implementing the short and long term business plan of the farm and he/she will be reporting to the Director of Economic Sustainability
- Professional qualification in Agriculture General degree
- Postgraduate qualification in Entrepreneurship, Agricultural Economics, Marketing or Business Administration, or related field
Experience and related attributes
- At least 3 years working experience as Farm Manager
- Experience working in a team environment with proven leadership skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated good organizational and record keeping skills;
- Demonstrated farm planning experience and working knowledge of farm infrastructure;
- Demonstrated capacity to work with private sector players (financial institutions, exporters, buyers, traders, transporters, input suppliers or processors)
- Experience working with farm machinery and self-motivated, cooperative and flexible
- Responsibly manage administrative and record keeping tasks related to running a farm business and overall success of the organization.
- Confident negotiation skills; ability to present, persuade and eventually sell
- Reliable and honesty
- Excellent time management
- Good decision maker
- Analytical and Organizational skills: good at researching and analyzing information
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write reports
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions and in creating long-lasting relationships
Duties and Responsibilities
· Manages staff and contractors using good practice management techniques
· Responsible for achieving the farm production targets by ensuring information is collected and used to manage herd feeding, maximising milk production, conserving pasture quality and avoiding pasture damage
· Manages all stock associated with the farm business to the highest level
· Objective to rear calves to the target weights so that only quality young stock re-enter the herd
· Objective is only top quality product leaves the farm gate. Achieved through continuous grade free seasons according to farm targets
· Maintains all farm records in an accurate and timely manner
· Manages the farm infrastructure and maintain the farm assets
· Ensures environmental requirements are met as outlined in the Farm Operations Manual
· Complies with all health and safety requirements as outlined in the Health & Safety Manual,
· Develops, implements and executes strategic marketing plans for an entire organization
Eligible candidates who are strong and committed Catholics may apply for the above mentioned vacancy so as to reach us on or before closure of business day of 4th November 2016. Candidates are required to submit cover letter, copies of certificates and recent Curriculum Vitae. They should provide short answers to the following questions in their cover letters;
(i) Why are you interested in this job?
(ii) Why would you consider yourself suitable for this job?
(iii) What do you know about TEC?
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Eligible candidates may apply to:
Tanzania Episcopal Conference
DAR ES SALAAM
(PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION THROUGH EMAILto: email@example.com )