The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI), an affiliate of Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Organization (EGPAF) is Tanzanian led and managed national organization focusing largely on HIV and AIDS and other related health programs. AGPAHI implements all its programs in collaboration with Tanzania Government Entities through the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PO RALG) and other stakeholders. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI will be implementing various projects that are highly demanding and thus the organization is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent staff to feel various management positions as per the AGPAHI organogram
The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) intends to recruit several positions to hold different leadership positions in the organizations. The successful candidates will lead the different components of the organization with the aim of achieving the organizations’ mission and vision and specific project goals and objectives.
Position: Director of Programs
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Director of Programs will provide leadership for all the programs implemented by the organization. Under the guidance of the Executive Director, the Director of Programs will primarily be responsible to provide technical support and capacity building to program staff to ensure AGPAHI programs are implemented to the highest standards. The Director of programs is expected to provide leadership in Program Management including Organization programs planning and implementation, Continuous Quality Improvement, Strategic information (which involves program monitoring, evaluation and reporting) and New Business Development. He/ She will also provide program and technical support to the Zonal and regional offices as required by the programs. Furthermore the Director of Programs will work in close collaboration with the communications team to produce materials and using a range of available media to communicate key messages from the program
- Program planning and management
- Lead the technical team in program activities planning and keep track of what is going on throughout the organizations programs
- Supervises senior technical managers as will be identified in the organization
- Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are followed as the programs are being implemented
- Follow up on all recommendations made by technical teams to ensure optimal quality programs and serve as a repository of information with respect to progress in delivering the various programs including key lessons learnt and best practices;
- Work with the technical and program teams to develop continuous applications as necessary
- Work with communication and community outreach teams (HQ and Regional and Zonal) to produce materials (using a range of media) to communicate key messages from the programs
- Facilitate the country team and participate in developing country operational plans (COP) in line with United States Government requirements including budget development
- Continuously develop strategies for improving country programming
- Lead the technical team in the development and implementation of quarterly plans and ensure action items are followed through
- Implementation Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure that all technical program reports are written and submitted in timely manner
- Coordinate quarterly review of all work plans with technical teams to ensure implementation of all programs is on track and that resources and technical assets are well positioned and facilitated to deliver;
- Review all key reports and work with the team to develop action plans to incorporate key lessons learned and recommendations in country programming work
- Share key lessons learned in program implementation for learning and benchmarking where possible;
- Document key lessons learned to improve organization learning.
- Technical Representation to the Ministry of Health, Donors and other Stakeholders
- Participate in meetings of the Ministry of Health and related parties, including national technical working groups;
- Participate in meetings as called for by the donor community;
- Participate in relevant international, national and regional coordination fora to ensure sharing of best practice within the wider health and HIV AIDS Community.
- Chair Emergency Task force and support the zonal/regional managers in coordination of any emergency situation or when requested participate in the Ministry of Health emergency task force teams.
- Participate in EGPAF technical meetings/trainings when required to do so.
- Maintain regular information flow to partners and stakeholders
- Ensure there is a good professional relationship between AGPAHI and the Government ministries, its partners especially the local authorities and hospitals that AGPAHI supports.
- New Business Development
- The Director of Programs will lead the development of strategies to ensure programs are effectively designed and implemented
- The person will lead a team that will undertake problem analysis, develop a program logic model and work plans to kick-start new projects.
- Work with the team to identify opportunities for expanding and diversifying the organization’s various programs and funding base
- Lead proposal capture strategy and structuring including making a case to the leadership for go-no go decisions
- Lead and coordinate the technical component of the preparation of funding applications and reporting as required
- Member of the management team
- Member of the senior management team
- Participate in the formulation and management of the technical program budgets
- Provide input and participate actively in Management Team meetings and assure that designated tasks for the technical department are taken care of within reasonable time;
- Involvement in the recruitment of technical staff
- And any other activity as requested by the Executive Director;
Qualifications and Attributes
The position requires the below skills and credentials:
- A Medical Degree (MD) with valid registration with the Tanganyika Medical Council
- A Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH) is desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Program Management specifically in public health
(preferably with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership)
- Experience in the analysis, interpretation and presentation of data.
- Commitment and demonstrable experience in continuous quality improvement
- Strong team player with a good attitude and ability to communicate effectively and engage fellow team members.
- Ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams including clinicians, health care management specialists, laboratory scientists and other public health experts.
- Demonstrated involvement and possible success in new business development
- Experience representing technical issues in different fora.
- Commitment to encourage transparency, openness and mutual respect
- Capacity to lead team in a spirit of transparency and openness
HOW TO APPLY
AGPAHI is an equal opportunities employer and these positions is open to all, but ONLY qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to AGPAHI.
Submission can be dropped physically or by post in the address below:
Kazi Services Limited 3rd Fl. Infotech Place,
Plot 565, Kawe, Mwai Kibaki Rd. P.O. Box 34023
Dar es Salaam
For more information please visit: http://www.agpahi.or.tz/agpahi-media/job-vacancy.html
Deadline is: Friday 14th October, 2016 at 5pm.