PCI is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing disease,
improving community health, and promoting sustainable development
worldwide. With support from United States Department of Agriculture
(USDA), PCI Tanzania will be implementing the final phase of Food for
Education (FFE) programming in the Mara region (2017-2021). The goal
of the program is to improve literacy among primary school students,
and increased use of health and dietary practices.
PCI is now announcing vacancies for the various positions
Level: District Level (Musoma, Bunda, Butiama)
Education Support Officer (3)
- Support the District Education department and strengthen their capacity to progressively take on and manage FFE-related program elements.
- Work closely with the District Education department to provide support to the WECs in monitoring and providing direct support to Head Teachers and School Management Committees, and ensuring that mutually agreed plans are successfully implemented.
- Together with support from the MLE Support Officer, analyze reports from Head Teachers and WECs and support the District to provide targeted support to underperfoming wards or schools.
- Provide supervision and support to village-based Education Cascade Group promoters, and facilitate trainings related to this new intervention.
- Serve as a key point of two-way communication between PCI and
- the District with all matters pertaining to the Education sector,
- harmonizing any changes in plans on the part of either PCI or the District.
- University degree in Education, with a focus on Early Childhood, Primary Education or Teachers Education preferred.
- Master's degree in Education, Psychology, Curriculum Development, Teaching Methods or Education Administration and or Post Graduate Diploma in Education Administration is an added advantage.
- 3-5 years experience in education programming, with a focus on enhancing quality education and or literacy promotion preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website at www.pciglobal.org and click on the "Careers'
link under the About Us tab. This will take you to PCl's Career Portal. Click
on the employment opportunities tab and then click on Search Current
Openings to find and apply for either of these open positions with PCl
A first review of candidates will happen after November 14,2016.
PCl is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only Successful Candidate will be
Source: Daily News 31 October 2016