The Macroeconomic and Financial Management Institute of Eastern of and Southern Africa (MEFM) is a regionally owned Institute with 14 member countries, currently: Angola, Botswana, Burundi Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. MEFMI was founded with the view to building sustainable capacity in identified key areas in ministries of finance, planning commissions and central banks, or equivalent institutions.
MEFMI strives to improve sustainable human and institutional capacity in the critical areas of macroeconomic and financial management; foster best practices in related institutions; and bring emerging risks and opportunities to the fore among executive level officials. MEFMI seeks to achieve, within its member states, prudent macroeconomic management, competent and efficient management of public finances, sound, efficient and stable financial sectors and stable economies with strong and sustained growth. The long term objective is to contribute to the poverty reduction process among people in MEFMI’s operational zone of Eastern and Southern Africa.
The MEFMI Secretariat is based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Applications are invited from suitable qualified nationals of member states to fill the following positions:
- REF: 092016EA – EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for proving administrative, secretarial, travel and logistical support to the Executive Director.
Key Performance Areas
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests;
- Welcoming and handling the Executive Director’s guests
- Organizing and maintain the executive Directors diary and making appointments
- Dealing with correspondence, writing emails/letters, taking dictation, typing minutes and meeting reports
- Organizing and attending meetings, preparing meeting agendas;
- Arranging business trips (including flights and accommodations) and ensuring the Executive Director is well-prepared for meetings/business trips;
- Dealing with the Executive Director’s incoming email, faxes and directing correspondence to Director as relevant;
- Preparing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations the Executive Director;
- Organizing corporate and business entertainment events for the Executive Director;
- Organizing management meetings;
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filling;
- Managing Executive Directors budget and ensuring it is within approved budgets;
- Managing petty cash in the Executive Director’s office;
- Liaising with clients, supplier and staff;
- Dealing with Executive Director’s personal matters such as holidays /leave, flights, banking, family and housing;
- Processing Executive Director’s business expenses and other administrative items;
- Carrying out specific projects, research and administration as required by the Executive Director;
- Any other administrative requirements as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- First degree in Business Administration or equivalent;
- Secretarial qualification or Personal Assistant qualification;
- At least (5) years progressively responsible experience as a Personal Assistant;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (knowledge of Portuguese and/or French will be an advantage);
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including range of software package and comprehensive capabilities in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook express);
- Honesty and reliability;
- Exceptional presentation skills
- The ability to work at own initiative and to tight deadlines;
The successful candidates for the above positions will be appointed on a fixed term contract at a competitive remuneration package, which includes a tax free salary paid in US dollars.
Applicants for the above vacancies should submit written applications, clearly stating the position applied for accompanied by certified certificates, a detailed CV with names and addresses (including telephone and e-mail) of three referees (the latest color photograph to be pasted on the CV to be received by 25th October, 2016.
Applications should be sent to:
The Executive Director,
9 Earls Road
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference and position applied for.
MEFMI is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.