VACANCY POSITION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Tanzanian Training Centre for International health (TTCIH) is a health training institution, established in 2006 under a public-private partnership between the Ministry of Health, Novartis Foundation and the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute. TTCIH aims at supporting the Tanzania government’s effort to strengthen human resource development. In view of the retirement of the current Executive Director, The TTCIH’s Board of Governors is now looking for a motivated, qualified and highly experienced candidate to fill the position of Executive Director. S/he will be preferably be based in Ifakara, Kilombero District, Tanzania.
The Executive Director is responsible to the Board of Governors, s/he has to ensure successful leadership and management of TTCIH according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Governors. S/he is the overseer of all TTCIH activities and ensures all business goals and objectives are achieved. S/he is the official spokesperson of TTCIH matters pertaining to day to day operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides executive leadership to the institution through the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans;
- Responsible for driving the growth of TTCIH into a premier institution, through expansion of Course Offerings and increase in enrolments;
- Oversees the implementation of strategies, systems and processes designed to ensure sound human resources and financial management and the promotion of good order throughout the institution;
- Directs development of policies, plans and programmes of TTCIH, based on a strategic overview of TTCIH and its environment to enable realization of its mission and vision;
- Represents TTCIH internally and externally in order to promote awareness and understanding of TTCIH’s mission; vision, objectives, policies and programmes;
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Must have attained a PhD in the field of health;
- Must have extensive knowledge and working experience in medical education system of not less than 10 years, of which 6 years must be at a senior management level;
- A person possessing outstanding managerial and administrative competences;
- A person with excellent record of scholarly, teaching, research, consultancy, publications and service to the public;
- Ability to stimulate and encourage new ideas and developments through motivation and support for staff and students;
- Ability to influence, persuade and build coalitions and networks.
Duration of the position
The term for the position is three years (renewable). Earliest possible entry is 1stJanaury 2017.
Mode of application
Interested and suitably qualified individuals are invited to send their application letters with copies professional certificate and detailed CV and two names of reputable referees with their contacts not later than 7th October2016 to:
Ms Hilda Sarapion
Human Resources Manager
Tanzanian Training Centre for International Health
P.O.BOX 39, Ifakara
For all additional information on the TTCIH and the nature of the job please consult the website at: www.healthtrainingifakara.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.