Financial Institution Technical Assistance Coordinator
IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a US-based NGO with a focus on supporting private enterprise internationally. We have worked in partnership with local people in 130 countries—mainly with the generous support of USAID—designing, implementing, managing and evaluating a wide range of market driven solutions along the entire value chain of a company or industry. In Tanzania, IESC is implementing the Enabling Growth through Investment and Enterprise (ENGINE) program, a four-year USAID-funded Feed the Future activity awarded through the Volunteers for Economic Growth Alliance (VEGA) that aims to address many of the regulatory, informational and financial constraints that inhibit domestic and foreign investment in the southern agricultural regions of Mbeya, Morogoro, and Iringa, as well as in Zanzibar.
IESC is seeking a Financial Institution Technical Assistance Coordinator to work under the Financial Inclusion component of ENGINE. This position will be full-time and be based in Dar es Salaam with periodic travel to Morogoro, Iringa, Mbeya and Zanzibar.
The Financial Institution Technical Assistance Coordinator will be responsible for enhancing the capacity of selected Tanzania financial institutions to more effectively and efficiently lend to small and medium enterprises (SMEs)—particularly those led by women and youth.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Developing selection criteria for financial institutions receiving support;
- Conducting financial service capacityassessments to increase technical assistance from financial institutions;
- Developing SOWs for financial sector consultants and Volunteer Experts; monitoring execution of assignments;
- Overseeing and ensuring the quality of financial inclusion through technical assistance provisions to financial institutions and to BDS providers;
- Tracking performance data related to training activities and volunteer assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, business administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of banking experience, such as loan officer or credit analyst;
- Experience providing financial services to women and youth, and within the agriculture value chain highly preferred;
- Prior experience with digital finance and mobile banking services;
- Proficiency in financial analysis, business planning and loan application development;
- Previous experience designing and delivering training;
- Sound understanding of the current financial inclusion landscape within Tanzania;
- Familiarity and experience with international development principles and practices;
- USAID or other donor experience preferred;
- Ability to work legally in Tanzania required;
- Proficiency in English and Swahili required.
IESC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are highly encouraged to apply.