FX AND MM TRADER POSITION DESCRIPTION:
1. PRIMARY PURPOSE
• To develop and manage a foreign exchange trading book restricted to G10 and regional currencies (EA and South Africa currencies).
• To trade domestic money markets and repos and other fixed income products as assigned.
• Manage FX exposures within approved market risk and counterparty limits.
• To provide high quality customer execution and service for all treasury products
• To generate FX trading and Risk Treasury Revenues and manage balance sheet where required.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Executing money markets and FX products sales – Balance sheet funding, Spot, Swaps and Forwards
• Actively support product and customer development
• Actively contributing to improvements in quality/efficiency of MM and FX products delivery process
• Managing the bank’s liquidity within S2 limits, and interest rate risk within approved S2/MAT / DV01 limits
• Managing Central Bank’s reserves and balances efficiently, with NIL penalties.
• Maintaining minimum idle balances, zero overdrafts in all FCY accounts through placements/borrowing/ swaps and MM deals
3. SPECIALISED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
Describe the educational requirements, special skills or work experience required to perform this position.
Minimum Bachelors degree preferably in economics, accounting, engineering, computer science or mathematics.
Minimum 1 to 2 years direct FX and Money Market dealing experience
• Team Player
• Initiative and flexibility
• Strategic planning
Management or Execution skills
• Quick thinker, who can translate rapid decisions into immediate action
• Set day to day trading policy
• Analysis and preparation of deals
• Analytical thinking and ability to prioritize.
• Ability to handle pressure
• Attention to detail
• Assisting in new product development
• Creativity, Initiative and flexibility
• Ability to prioritize
Technical and Professional Competence
• Strong numerical and good computing skills
• Thorough knowledge of end-to-end processes for FX and Money Market products
• Basic dealing knowledge in one or more foreign currency
• Basic Knowledge in Spot and forward foreign currency trading
• Fully Conversant with local Money Market conditions
• Good knowledge of Country/Regional macroeconomics and financial markets
• Customer service Relationships
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Primary Location: EMEA-Tanzania United Republic of
Job Category: Trading
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Shift: Day Job
App deadline 21 Oct 2016
Job location Dar es Salaam