COVENANT BANK FOR WOMEN (T) LTD CBFW wishes recruit a suitable Tanzanian national to fill the Head of Risk and Compliance position.
POSITION: HEAD OF RISK & COMPLIANCE
Reporting to the Managing Director and working as a key member of the Bank’s management, the Incumbent will be responsible for proving oversight over the risk management, policies, procedure and shall be also responsible for Internal risk review and risk mitigation of the bank’s units. He/She will be responsible to ensure Compliance with the Risk Management Guidelines issued by the Bank of Tanzania.
The Head of Risk and Compliance main objectives is to provide assurance to a variety of CBFW’s stakeholders that risks are appropriately managed and that the institution’s risk is within its tolerance level.
- Monitoring risk and implementing a set of measurements and reports. Ensure that risk factors are identified and addressed in a cost effective manner in line with business objectives and communicating to the Management, Board and other stakeholders to assure the continued effectiveness of CBFW risk management strategies, policies and procedures.
- Review and ensure Compliance with risk management guidelines of the Bank of Tanzania
- Building capacity and ability to identify, measure, monitor and control the underlying risk that the bank continues to face including also communicating the risk strategy, plans and ideas to the staff.
- Compile a variety of risk scenarios to estimate the likelihood and impact of significant events to the bank and submitting necessary reports to the Management and Board committees for action.
- Assess the strategic risks in terms of offering competitive products and services so that the bank can retain and widen its market share. Identify risks associated with new products, processes and business operations.
- Review computerized information systems across departments to ensure potential aspects of fraud are identified and advice management on addressing the risks.
- Develop a risk management program for various functions of the bank and review CBFW operating procedures to identify potential risk areas for fraud and advice management on the same.
- Engage with IT security personnel to ensure that risk management, processes are understood, implemented and support CBFW goals.
- Assess the security procedures on financial and physical assets to ensure that the safety and security of all CBFW assts is maintained at all times.
- Provide the necessary support to it security and forensic investigations teams during incident identification and response.
- Maintain a schedule of policy review and submission to the board for approval and prepare quarterly BOT reports on compliance issues and advising the Management on the way forward.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
- A degree from a business related field with a Post graduate qualification in Banking, Accounting or Finance E.g. MBA Degree or any other relevant field.
- Degree or any other relevant field.
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, CRISC, CISM, CISA, CISSP or CPA is an added advantage.
Experience and Competencies Required
- Minimum 5 years managing technical Operations with at least 3 years from a Banking environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with analytical skills, knowledge of regulations, legal aspects of banking and the risks associated.
- Ability to support and provide advice and cause/effect evaluation of risk management decisions with demonstrated implementation experience.
- Ability to work independently in a high pressure environment.
- Strong evaluation, communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and a meticulous individual.
Covenant Bank For Women (T) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact.
Applications should be addressed to The Managing Director, Covenant Bank for Women (T) LTD, P.O. BOX 105172 Dar es Salaam and should clearly indicate the position applied – Head of Risk & Compliance.
The deadline for applications to reach the office is on
19th October, 2016.