Source Dailynews, 5th Oct 2016
The Ministry of Health, Community development, Gender, Elderly and Children pursues candidates for the following posts
3. Job Title: Information and Communication
Technologies (ICT) officer one post
Duty station: National TB and Leprosy Program Oar es salaam.
Reporting to: ICT Manager
Purpose of the Job: To develop and manage all lCT infrastructure and related human resources withinthe NTLP
Duties, Responsibilities and Tasks.
1. To advice the program manager on required ICT equipment and services for the Program.
2. To install, configure and perform daily required updates/upgrades of all Program's ICT systems and networks ie computer hardware, computer programs, network systems, websites and file systems.
3. To provide IT technical support, administration and maintenance to NTLP staff at National, Regional and District levels
4. To manage the Program's electronic database server to ensure data availability and accessibility while
maintaining data security.
5. To provide technical support on database tools to data entrants at alt levels of service delivery through
training. supportive supervision and mentorship.
6. To train health care workers at all levels on ICT usage.
7. To regularly compile and maintain an accurate inventory of ICT equipment and systems
8. To Compile quarterly reports on ICT usage and inventories of equipment and systems
9. Any other duties as assigned by the program manager
Academic Qualifications and experience
1. First degree in computer engineering, Computer Science or Electronic and Communication
2. Master's degree in ICT will be an added advantage
3. Experience in computer and communication systems troubleshooting and maintenance
4. At least three years' experience on designing, developing and managing computer databases,
5. Good command of English and Kiswahili both in writing and speaking
6. Sound leadership and managerial skills
All applications enclosed with certified copies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae should be addressed to under mentioned officer within two weeks from the date of first appearance of this advertisement.
Candidates who are currently employed should channel their applications through their employers. Applicants are advised to avail contact addre5ses Including emails and telephone numbers •
All applications should be sent to
Ministry of Health, Community development,
Gender, Elderly and Children.
PO. BOX 9083
Dar -es -Salaam
ATN : Programme manager .•
National TB and Leprosy programme.
IF YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION
- Please follow the application instructions
- Application Deadline: 19 Oct 2016