Mobile Application Developer
IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a US-based NGO with a focus on supporting private enterprise internationally. We have worked in partnership with local people in 130 countries—mainly with the generous support of USAID—designing, implementing, managing and evaluating a wide range of market driven solutions along the entire value chain of a company or industry. In Tanzania, IESC is implementing the Enabling Growth through Investment and Enterprise (ENGINE) program, a four-year USAID-funded Feed the Future activity awarded through the Volunteers for Economic Growth Alliance (VEGA) that aims to address many of the regulatory, informational and financial constraints that inhibit domestic and foreign investment in the southern agricultural regions of Mbeya, Morogoro, and Iringa, as well as in Zanzibar.
IESC is seeking a Mobile Application Developer to work under the Financial Inclusion component of ENGINE. This position will be full-time and be based in Dar es Salaam with potential travel to Morogoro, Iringa, Mbeya and Zanzibar.
The Mobile Application Manager will be responsible for the development of an IT platform aimed at catalyzing financial inclusion among Tanzanian small and medium enterprises (SMEs)—particularly those led by women and youth.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Developing an IT platform architecture and rollout plan;
- Serving as lead contributor to the application’s development;
- Drafting targeted scopes of work for consultant and volunteer development support; managing support performance;
- Knowledge Management and analysis of application user data.
- Previous experience designing mobile applications;
- Proficiency with Extensible Markup Language (XML) programming
- Previous experience designing, executing and delivering software solutions;
- Strong knowledge of Tanzanian IT resources;
- Experience with database management;
- Prior experience working with consultants, including developing SOWs
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, information science, software development or other related field preferred;
- CompTIA Mobile App Security+ certification would be a plus;
- Sound understanding of the current financial inclusion landscape within Tanzania is a plus;
- Ability to work legally in Tanzania required;
- Proficiency in English and Swahili required.
IESC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are highly encouraged to apply.