Application Deadline: 27-10-2016
Head, Card Business
The incumbent will be responsible for managing the strategic growth of card business to deliver an enhanced card customer experience.
- Position the bank in achieving product specific profit and loss (P &L) and portfolio growth of card business.
- Develop seamless relationship with all key stakeholders for smooth running of card business and maximum participation from all levels.
- Maintain good relations with the third party partners for maximum benefit gain for both the partner and the bank.
- Constantly monitor key indicators of card portfolio and effectively use the data warehouse analytics to identify opportunities for enhancing revenue, controlling cost and strengthening the overall card portfolio.
- Formulate and implement marketing and business development strategy for card business while sustaining and building upon the brand position for the bank.
- Increase card profitability, enhance card activation rate and reduce attrition rate.
- Launch revenue enhancement and cost reduction initiatives to maximize profitability and bring efficiency in the system.
- Oversee performance of card internal partners and 3rd party vendors against SLAs (service level agreement) and other key performance metrics.
- Review / negotiate SLAs where required and establish new SLAs where missing.
- Work with partners /vendors to fix any operational performance shortfalls.
- Develop a comprehensive structure of levers comprised of products & marketing, acquisition, portfolio management, marketing analytics, risks and merchant acquiring.
- Minimize the operational risk associated with card business.
- Oversee card risk operation teams and report on risk performance.
- Proactively respond to any demand, opportunity or change in the market.
- Schedule card fees & charges and recommend pricing changes to optimize revenue & manage customer impact.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and internal standards and policies.
- Manage analytics and the budget for card business.
- Strategic awareness of the card product market offering and P&L management.
- Strong financial and business analysis skills.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- People management skills.
- Ability to cross interact with all relevant stakeholders.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a highly quantitative discipline.
- MBA or Graduate Degree is preferred.
- At least 10 years of banking experience preferrably in card business projects.