The Children’s Dignity Forum (CDF) is a voluntary, private, non-governmental, non-partisan and non-profit-making Civil Society children’s rights organization based in
Dar es Salaam as its headquarters, founded and registered in 2006 under the NGO Act No. 24/2002. For more information about CDF, please visit us at www.cdftz.org, www.facebook.com/cdftz and Instagram@cdf_tanzania. Due to the strategic expansion along with the implementation of the new CDF Strategic Plan 2016-2019, CDF is looking for the qualified and motivated person to fill the following position with immediate effect:
HEAD OF PROGRAMMES (ONE POST)
Reporting: Executive Director
Supervises: Program Officers
Duty station: Dar es Salaam
The candidate will perform the following duties as listed below:
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Management, Delivery and Coordinatio
- Draft the design and formulation of programme/project proposals and initiatives;
- Draft strategy documents including, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to the work of CDF and children, as relevant.
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization,
- Oversee and ensure an appropriate projects implementations and management;
- Oversee the technical implementation and conceptualization of the programme/project;
- Provide programme advisory support to the Office Management, as necessary;
- Oversee the monitoring of implementation of activities and finances using the results based management tools;
- Assist in the development of short and long term plans for programs, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance
- Manage the program team and ensure effective and efficient coordination in delivery of project objectives;
- Provide technical support and facilitate the programme team and key partners to develop annual work plans, budgets and build their capacity in Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Child Marriage (CM), Child Pregnancies, Child Participation and Protection and Gender Equality.
Coordinate all national level Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Child, Marriage (CM), Child Pregnancies and Gender Equality advocacy initiatives with senior government officials, members of parliament and development partners In collaboration with the Training Officer prepare training programs for Capacity Development of project staff, partners, stakeholders and girls network and clubs , organize training seminars to address staff needs and identify relevant external training opportunities
Develop and implement partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
Ensure timely submission of monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual reporting, following the M&E framework
Ensure completion of all reporting requirements in line with development partners and CDF requirements.
Support CDF’s overall M&E work, especially in reporting strategies building into its mandate to improve children’s welfare
Financial and grant Management
- In collaboration with key staff review budgets and work plans of the project and facilitate quarterly reviews with partners.
- Networking, Advocacy, communication and knowledge building To lead CDF representation at national, regional and International level, ensure national partners database(s) maintenance which include(s) participant and prospect information and mailing list.
- Support in organizing meetings on regular basis with designated individuals to foster positive relationships with key national partners on Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Child Marriage (CM), Child Pregnancies and Gender Equality.
- Assist with the development of public relations and communications strategies to support program goals and increase community awareness.
- To represent CDF in various policy and advocacy forums related to Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Child Marriage (CM), Child Pregnancies and Gender Equality
- Develop advocacy strategies and oversee their implementation;
- Develop and expand knowledge management strategies, products and methodologies on children’s rights, as relevant.
- Manage the process of identifying and synthesizing of best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the implementation of the programme for dissemination with all key stakeholders.
Staff management and development
- Manage team in a manner that empowers them to take ownership of the areas for which they are responsible, cultivate new ideas, analyze project critically, build on strengths and overcome weaknesses.
- Providing guidance, support and feedback for achieving the project objectives.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, Head of Finance write terms of reference for new staff, contractors and consultants and oversee the entire recruitment process.
- Undertake the duties of the Executive Director in the event of his/her absence.
Statement of Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, child development, social work, community Development or related disciplines. Master’s Degree in the related field is an added advantage;
- 5 or more years of relevant experience at the national or international level in programmes to advance children and women’s rights, with responsibility for the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and report writing;
- Strong knowledge of international, regional and national instruments, resolutions, policies and conventions that protect children’s rights, including Convention on the Rights of the Child, Convention for the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Must have strong and polished interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Creative, strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experienced in developing and managing budgets, hiring, and training, supervising and assessing personnel
- Minimum of 5 years of direct supervisory or management experience. Demonstrated People Management Skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships and mobilize resources;
Remuneration: An attractive package commensurate to the qualifications and relevant experience will be availed to the successful candidate.
Applications: Motivation letter explaining why your competencies and experience are suitable for the job, up-to date curriculum vitae including names and email addresses or phone numbers of three referees and copies of relevant certificates should be addressed and sent to the Human Resource Manager via email@example.com or deliver in person at CDF’s office located in Mwenge area, Plot No. 161/162, Mama Ngoma House, 2nd Floor, Dar es Salaam; not later than 15th November, 2016.