The Children’s Dignity Forum (CDF) is a voluntary, private, non-governmental, non-partisan and non-profit-making Civil Society children’s rights organization based in
Dar es Salaam as its headquarters, founded and registered in 2006 under the NGO Act No. 24/2002. For more information about CDF, please visit us at www.cdftz.org, www.facebook.com/cdftz and Instagram@cdf_tanzania. Due to the strategic expansion along with the implementation of the new CDF Strategic Plan 2016-2019, CDF is looking for the qualified and motivated person to fill the following position with immediate effect:
ASSISTANT PROGRAM OFFICER (ONE POST)
Reporting: Head of Field Operations
Duty station: Mara
The candidate will perform the following duties as listed below:
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Management and Coordination
- Participate and undertake program planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation roles
- Work closely with the Head of Field Operations to ensure timely and quality project implementation of the project as per the M&E Framework.
- Work closely with the Head of Field Operations to maintain systems for submission of timely monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual donor reports, following the M&E framework and reporting guidelines
- Coordinate, document and share lessons learnt, best practices/ success stories on child protection and participation.
- Assist and support CDF child protection and participation , girls empowerment, men and boys engagement works at all levels
- Provide technical support on the implementation of the project and provide the programme team and key partners with relevant information, update and initiatives on child protection and participation.
- Working closely with the Head of Field Operations to ensure that Project reviews are undertaken and all reporting requirement are met in a timely manner.
- Prepare and assist in proposal and concept notes writing Assist the MEL Officer in evaluation of the projects
- Undertake the duties of the Head of Field Operations in the event of her/ his absence
- Undertake other project roles and responsibilities assigned to her by the Coordinator
- Substantive experience and record of accomplishment in the area of children rights and gender equality
- Ability to assist strategic planning, Programme development and implementation result based management and reporting
- Ability to assist in formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development Programmes and projects
- Ability to operating in remote and vulnerable communities. Ability to promote innovation and learning.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Minimum Degree in Law, Social Science, child development, social work or related disciplines.
- Knowledge of principles and practices related to child development, child participation and protection principles. (Experience of working with Girls Project is an added advantage)
- Experience in planning, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of development project
- Conversant with the key children and women rights conventions, i.e. CRC and CEDAW.
Experience of working with children and young women.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to deal with sensitive situations with integrity.
- Must have strong and polished interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- An interest in the well-being of the children and safeguarding and child protection matters.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows based computer application and database management.
- Experience in managing budgets, planning events, coordination and evaluation. Able to complete and submit all reports on time in line with CDF and
- development partners requirements.
- Perform such other duties as my be assigned by the supervisor
Remuneration: An attractive package commensurate to the qualifications and relevant experience will be availed to the successful candidate.
Applications: Motivation letter explaining why your competencies and experience are suitable for the job, up-to date curriculum vitae including names and email addresses or phone numbers of three referees and copies of relevant certificates should be addressed and sent to the Human Resource Manager via email@example.com or deliver in person at CDF’s office located in Mwenge area, Plot No. 161/162, Mama Ngoma House, 2nd Floor, Dar es Salaam; not later than 15th November, 2016.