The Children’s Dignity Forum (CDF) is a voluntary, private, non-governmental, non-partisan and non-profit-making Civil Society children’s rights organization based in
Dar es Salaam as its headquarters, founded and registered in 2006 under the NGO Act No. 24/2002. For more information about CDF, please visit us at www.cdftz.org, www.facebook.com/cdftz and Instagram@cdf_tanzania. Due to the strategic expansion along with the implementation of the new CDF Strategic Plan 2016-2019, CDF is looking for the qualified and motivated person to fill the following position with immediate effect:
SECURITY GUARD (ONE POST)
Reporting: Accountant and Administration Officer
Duty station: Dodoma
The candidate will perform the following duties as listed below:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- To respond quickly and correctly during crisis
- Not only does a security guard sense crisis; he acts fast to control the situation. So, a security guard must always be at alert to avoid being caught unawares. How a security guard responds to crisis varies depending on the threat. A security guard must know how best to respond to various dangerous situations.
Observing and reporting
- Even after a dangerous situation has been successfully averted, a security guard must not relax yet. He should keep observing until he is sure that there are no more problems. After a crisis, a security guard should report the incident to his supervisor, the police or the appropriate authorities (such as the fire services in
the case of a fire outbreak). This way, further steps would be taken to avert a future recurrence.
- During some very dangerous situations (such as armed robbery attacks or assaults with deadly weapons), a security guard may be unable to handle the situation. In that case, he would need some help, and he should waste no time in calling the police. By getting help this way, loss of lives or property would be averted.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Candidate must have “O” Level Certificate with Good English language skills (oral/written)
- The candidate must have the Surveillance Skills. Able to deal with uncertainty.
- Must be honesty
- Good communication skills and emotional control
- Candidate must have the reporting and safety management skills. Ability to write short reports and follow written instructions
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Confidence to challenge people when necessary.
Remuneration: An attractive package commensurate to the qualifications and relevant experience will be availed to the successful candidate.
Applications: Motivation letter explaining why your competencies and experience are suitable for the job, up-to date curriculum vitae including names and email addresses or phone numbers of three referees and copies of relevant certificates should be addressed and sent to the Human Resource Manager via email@example.com or deliver in person at CDF’s office located in Mwenge area, Plot No. 161/162, Mama Ngoma House, 2nd Floor, Dar es Salaam; not later than 15th November, 2016.