The Children’s Dignity Forum (CDF) is a voluntary, private, non-governmental, non-partisan and non-profit-making Civil Society children’s rights organization based in
Dar es Salaam as its headquarters, founded and registered in 2006 under the NGO Act No. 24/2002. For more information about CDF, please visit us at www.cdftz.org, www.facebook.com/cdftz and Instagram@cdf_tanzania. Due to the strategic expansion along with the implementation of the new CDF Strategic Plan 2016-2019, CDF is looking for the qualified and motivated person to fill the following position with immediate effect:
HEAD OF FIELD OPERATIONS (ONE POST)
Reporting: Head of Programmes
Supervises: Assistant Program Officer
Duty station: Dodoma
The candidate will perform the following duties as listed below:
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Management and Coordination
- Coordinate and lead project planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation roles
- Coordinate preparation and submission of annual activity-based project budgets as well as monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Provide technical advisory support and quality assurance of the project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. Provide technical support for capacity building interventions of partners and community, including relevant local government institutions.
- Supervise and asses work in progress to ensure compliance and delivery of high quality results and achievements of overall Programme objectives.
- Support coordination and networking with the district line agencies and lead advocacy initiatives with the stakeholders for preventing child marriage, FGM and gender based violence in the project district.
- Programme reviews and undertake reporting functions in timely manner.
- Represent the Programme in stakeholders forums and other key partnership meetings
- Coordinate the collection, documentation and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for scaling-up and replication.
- Identify and follow up resource mobilization , managing of the Income Generating Activities (IGA), running of the girls, linking the girls with district authorities to get loans, linking girls with support structures (Child Protection system)
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the development partners.
- Lead and monitor project activities and expenditures; and coordinate work with consults and volunteers in the project sites.
- Coordinate and organize awareness raising and advocacy initiatives, i.e. events such as launching, campaigns and community dialogue related to girl’s empowerment and child protection.
- The post holder will also support CDF’s overall M&E work, especially in reporting strategies building into its mandate to improve children’s welfare.
- Other routine responsibilities as per required
- Substantive experience and record of accomplishment in the area of children rights and gender equality
- Ability to assist strategic planning, Programme development and implementation of Results Based Management and reporting
- Ability to assist in formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development Programmes and projects
- Ability to operating in remote and vulnerable communities. Ability to promote innovation and learning.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Minimum Degree in Law, (Advocate added advantage), Bachelor in Social Science, child development, human rights, sociology, social work or related disciplines.
- Knowledge of principles and practices related to child development, child participation and protection principles. (Experience of working with Girls Project is an added advantage)
- Experience in Project planning, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation
- Conversant with the key children and women rights conventions, i.e, CRC and CEDAW.
- Experience of working with children and young women.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to deal with sensitive situations with integrity.
- Must have strong and polished interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- An interest in the well-being of the children and safeguarding and child protection matters.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows based computer application and database management.
- Experience in managing budgets, planning events, coordination and evaluation. Able to complete and submit all reports on time in line with CDF and
- development partners requirements.
- Perform such other duties as my be assigned by the supervisor
Remuneration: An attractive package commensurate to the qualifications and relevant experience will be availed to the successful candidate.
Applications: Motivation letter explaining why your competencies and experience are suitable for the job, up-to date curriculum vitae including names and email addresses or phone numbers of three referees and copies of relevant certificates should be addressed and sent to the Human Resource Manager via email@example.com or deliver in person at CDF’s office located in Mwenge area, Plot No. 161/162, Mama Ngoma House, 2nd
Floor, Dar es Salaam; not later than 15th November, 2016.