The Children’s Dignity Forum (CDF) is a voluntary, private, non-governmental, non-partisan and non-profit-making Civil Society children’s rights organization based in
Dar es Salaam as its headquarters, founded and registered in 2006 under the NGO Act No. 24/2002. For more information about CDF, please visit us at www.cdftz.org, www.facebook.com/cdftz and Instagram@cdf_tanzania. Due to the strategic expansion along with the implementation of the new CDF Strategic Plan 2016-2019, CDF is looking for the qualified and motivated person to fill the following position with immediate effect:
POLICY ADVOCACY, COMMUNICATION AND NETWORKING COORDINATOR (ONE POST)
Reporting: Head of Programmes
Duty station: Dar es Salaam
The candidate will perform the following duties as listed below:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all network activities and be the main contact person for Men Engage and TECMN partners/members at local, national and International level.
- Establish partnership with media organizations to promote men’s engagement in child protection and promoting women and children rights through radio and TV programs
- Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of MET and TECMN projects deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of activity monthly and quarterly reports, meeting minutes and related reports of the networks to the Head of the programs.
- Identify and approach new potential members/ partners to join the networks
- Ensures close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements.
- Support coordination and networking with other partners/networks
- Coordinate, facilitate and organize events of the networks such as meetings, campaigns, commemoration of the International days, advocacy at the national level
Ensure good communication among the CDF partners and network members.
- Represent CDF at the National, Regional and International meetings, forums etc.
- Ensure good and updated database(s) of partners/ network members, prospect information and mailing list.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Social Science, child development, social work or related disciplines.
- Able to communicate effectively (using a range of media i.e. verbal, written, web) and produce reports and other related materials.
- Creative, strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple partners/ networks.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows based computer application and database management.
- Good communication skills in both Swahili and English (written and oral) Good organization and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Open-mindedness; autonomy and good team working abilities
- Must be highly organized and able to work well with multiple partners/ networks.
- Flexible; possessing the ability to wear different, “hats” on short notice.
Remuneration: An attractive package commensurate to the qualifications and relevant experience will be availed to the successful candidate.
Applications: Motivation letter explaining why your competencies and experience are suitable for the job, up-to date curriculum vitae including names and email addresses or phone numbers of three referees and copies of relevant certificates should be addressed and sent to the Human Resource Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver in person at CDF’s office located in Mwenge area, Plot No. 161/162, Mama Ngoma House, 2nd Floor, Dar es Salaam; not later than 15th November, 2016.