The Children’s Dignity Forum (CDF) is a voluntary, private, non-governmental, non-partisan and non-profit-making Civil Society children’s rights organization based in
Dar es Salaam as its headquarters, founded and registered in 2006 under the NGO Act No. 24/2002. For more information about CDF, please visit us at www.cdftz.org, www.facebook.com/cdftz and Instagram@cdf_tanzania. Due to the strategic expansion along with the implementation of the new CDF Strategic Plan 2016-2019, CDF is looking for the qualified and motivated person to fill the following position with immediate effect:
DRIVER (ONE POST)
Reporting: Head of Field Operations
Duty station: Dodoma
The candidate will perform the following duties as listed below:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Dimensions of Role
- Vehicle maintenance and management Staff and material transportation
- Provide clerical duties
- Key End Results of Position Vehicle
- Cleans vehicle and perform routine checks to ensure it has proper working tools on a daily basis.
- Refuels vehicle using an approved fuel voucher and records this on the vehicle log sheet appropriately.
- Parks vehicle safely at designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6pm.
- Ensures that after hours travel have prior formal approval by the Head of Field Operations.
- Compliance to the motor vehicle policy provisions.
Staff and material transportation
- Transports staff and designated people to all areas as instructed.
- Ferries goods to required points as may be directed from time to time.
- Ensure that all organization assets are not left unattended in the vehicle whilst parked.
- Files in accurately the vehicle log books and submits to Head of Field Operations by the second day of the month.
- Prepares monthly vehicles’ maintenance reports for allocated vehicles.
Clerical’s services provision
- Dispatch and deliver all documents between CDF and other project partners.
- Performs clerical work in the office when required. This includes banking, filing, sourcing quotations, writing purchase requests and general data capture.
Communication and Working Relationships
- Direct report to Head of Field Operations and dotted line to Head of Finance and Administration (CDF).
- Program Officer Accountant
- Project partners/ stakeholders
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Class “C” driver’s license plus valid defensive driving certificate
- “O” levels including competence in English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificate in logistics, administration/ procurement an added advantage. A minimum of five years of experience in vehicle maintenance and driving Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills Good computer skills
- Communicates effectively
Remuneration: An attractive package commensurate to the qualifications and relevant experience will be availed to the successful candidate.
Applications: Motivation letter explaining why your competencies and experience are suitable for the job, up-to date curriculum vitae including names and email addresses or phone numbers of three referees and copies of relevant certificates should be addressed and sent to the Human Resource Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver in person at CDF’s office located in Mwenge area, Plot No. 161/162, Mama Ngoma House, 2nd
Floor, Dar es Salaam; not later than 15th November, 2016.