Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Arthur Guinness, John Walker and his sons and all those many talented people that followed in their footsteps, cared deeply about the people, businesses they fostered, and the communities in which they operated. Today we stand on the shoulders of these giants and act with the same entrepreneurial spirit.
The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the 32,000 talented people we have globally to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong. Sold in more than 180 countries, we have a responsibility to ensure that our brands remain as relevant today as they have done in the past, and to pass them on to the next generation in even better shape.
Supply Capability & Best Practice Specialist
- Launch and implement the Diageo Capability Framework in SBL including the capability assessment against the Diageo standards.
- Design, implement and execute the Capability Development ONE Plan for SBL as per the local market requirements, working with the Supply HRBP, HR Talent team and aligned to Diageo Global
- Manage the Early Career development program in SBL Supply in conjunction with HR
- Implement and manage the Competency Acquisition Process in SBL which is aligned to the ESA Hub, including ongoing development and coordination of internal trainers and assessors in support of CAP
- Coordinate and support the roll out of the Front Line Manager (FLM) program
- Coordinate and support the IMC Supply Development Centres
- Deliver common Global KPI’s and a culture of business performance management across our end-to-end supply chain in SBL.
- Responsible for the development of benchmark processes, best practice networks and the realization and roll out of best practice opportunities across SBL.
- Integrate existing CI processes with the Perfect Plant programme to deliver and embed one approach to improvement.
- Work with business units to select priority improvement projects within annual business plans, embed common approach to improvement and support/Lead the delivery of stretch targets.
Qualifications and Experience Required A University degree qualification or equivalent is required, with 5 years experience working in a FMCG manufacturing environment, ideally beverage related, and experienced in dealing with management at all levels
Experienced in the use of best practice tools and techniques, and driving change and sustainable performance improvement
Strong analytical problem solving and auditing skills
Understands and has implemented training and development practices, as well as learning or talent development
Key functional capabilities required for this role are excellent relationship building and influencing skills, highly organised with ability to multi task, excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly important for managing expectations with stakeholders and external suppliers. Flexible Working optionsBased in an SBL site, with travel to the other 2 sites in Tanzania.
Manufacturing Excellence ManagerDimensions: To support SBL to achieve its set business objectivesFinancial The role is specifically accountable for managing and ensuring the efficient and effective use of the SBL training budget. Leadership Responsibilities This role manages a range of relationships with key stakeholders across the ESA Hub, SBL Sites, HR, Global HR Talent teams and service providers.
The incumbent will lead and champion people development and best practice across 3 sites, working with the site management teams to deliver their capability development and manufacturing excellence strategies.
They will lead and embed common Global KPI’s and champion a step up in business performance mindset (BPM) across SBL Supply.
They must align to and leverage the Perfect Plant Programme Leads to develop a culture of rigorous benchmarking, search and spin, continuous improvement and development of best practice in SBL 70Supply Capability & Best Practice Specialist Co-ordinate and deliver the ongoing development of Supply capabilities and the implementation of best practice in SBL, and in so doing, drive the Diageo Way of Building Manufacturing Excellence in the 3 sites.
Support the development and deployment of Diageo talent management tools and strategies that delivers a breakthrough in the quality and depth of our talent pipeline.
Drive and embed a culture of business performance management and ways of working (doing the basics excellently) across SBL..