RISE COUNCIL OF TANZANIA
21st October 2016
The Rice Council of Tanzania Limited (RCT) is an apex body, representing private sector stakeholders (all farmers; input suppliers; processors; traders; service provides; financiers; researchers; consumer organizations) along the rice value chain in Tanzania. The Rice Council was registered in 2014 spearhead, coordinate and lobby for enabling business environment for the rice industry in Tanzania. Through the Rice Council, the private sector entities along the rice value chain including small holder farmers have the opportunity to dialogue with the government with a collective voice in the process of increasing food security and exploiting the potential of the rice industry in Tanzania.
The Rice Council of Tanzania is currently seeking to recruit a competent, committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic candidate on a one year renewable contract.
JOB TITLE: SUSTAINABILITY OFFICER
Key Position Objective:
To support the Executive Director in the development and execution of a broad based RCT strategic sustainability initiative, integrating sustainability throughout RCT policies, programmes and services thus supporting the long term interests RCT.
• Lead the formulation of the Rice Council long term sustainability vision, mission and operating principles and lead development of a high level strategy to support them.
• Lead the creating of RCT marketing strategies, and look after budgets managing internal and external communications; implement changes and communicate them effectively.
• Assist in communicating the Rice Council plans, formulating budget and marketing RCT strategies to potential partners.
• Develop partnerships with partners, government institutions, Rice value chain (RVC) actors and other stakeholders in the delivery of RCT sustainability strategy.
• Secure and leverage partners’ commitment and support for integrating sustainable development into Rice Council core processes and decision making.
• Develop sustainability campaigns with internal and external stakeholders while coordinating a variety of projects, ideas and strategies with people.
• Prepare comprehensive funding proposals to secure funds for strengthening institutional capacity and service delivery.
• Collaborate with RCT management team to formulate a coordinated sustainability plan with defined objective, performance targets and responsibilities to support agreed upon sustainability strategies.
• Build sustainability principles into short and long term business planning.
• Formulate action plans with defined objectives, performance targets and responsibilities to support agreed upon sustainability strategies.
• Ensure appropriate internal controls, measure, monitoring and evaluation systems are in place to support sustainability efforts.
• Rice Council contact for creating institutional sustainability for projects and services delivery.
• Work closely with Senior Policy Analyst (SPA) and other RCT staff to educate and inform members and partners on the new innovations and activities that will impact the rice sector business environment.
While this career path is open to anyone with the right experience, skill and passion for sustainability, a Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, Agriculture Economics, Economics and Marketing from a recognized institution with at least 3 year working experience in a similar position. The position is multi-faceted and provides the opportunity to be involved almost every level of rice industry.
Knowledge and Skills
a. Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and presentations skills
b. Creative and innovative in the way of thinking with critical ideas-tailored to suit RCT advancement and sustainability.
c. Condiment and have excellent networking skills
d. Strong problem solving and analysis skills
e. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
f. Consistently exhibit high level of professionalism in all interactions with members and partners.
g. Ability to differentiate between conflicting priorities and issues to identify underlying causes
h. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks
i. Knowledge of key company business practices and processes.
Duty station: Dar es Salaam
Interest candidates should send application letter and CV through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Two weeks from the date of appearance of this advert.
Nafasi za kazi RCT-SUSTAINABILITY OFFICER