RISE COUNCIL OF TANZANIA
21st October 2016
The Rice Council of Tanzania Limited (RCT) is an apex body, representing private sector stakeholders (all farmers; input suppliers; processors; traders; service provides; financiers; researchers; consumer organizations) along the rice value chain in Tanzania. The Rice Council was registered in 2014 spearhead, coordinate and lobby for enabling business environment for the rice industry in Tanzania. Through the Rice Council, the private sector entities along the rice value chain including small holder farmers have the opportunity to dialogue with the government with a collective voice in the process of increasing food security and exploiting the potential of the rice industry in Tanzania.
The Rice Council of Tanzania is currently seeking to recruit a competent, committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic candidate on a one year renewable contract.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant/Book-Keeper
Key Position Objective:
To assist the Finance and Administrative Manager with administrative tasks, financial accounting, record keeping, bank reconciliation and RCT data archiving for retrieval to ensure the smooth operation of RCT.
Reports to: The Finance and Administrative Manager
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Manage all aspects of the Rice Council of Tanzania’s accounts and accounting System.
• Assist Finance Manager in recording, financial statements, bank reconciling of accounts.
• Post transaction involving cash receipts, disbursements and/or accounts payable and receivable to ledge accounts and properly code charges for posting cost.
• Prepare payment vouchers in accordance to accounting procedures.
• Keep financial information and manage filling system.
• Record and manage postal and electronic mail and telephone calls.
• Manage filling of inward and outward letters.
• Record and collate RCT data statistics.
• Record and maintain the RCT asset inventory.
• Assist in organizing process events (meetings/workshops/seminars)
• Organize staff travel bookings
• Front desk operator
• Office cleaning and maintenance of office pantry
• Carry out any other duties as may be required by the supervisor
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and use of the Internet.
Completion of a University college program in accounting or a related field
Advance Diploma Programme from a recognized professional accounting institution.
a. Knowledge of computer applications and accounting packages such as QuickBooks,
b. Proven ability to communicate with tact and discretion in setting requests, complaints or clarifying information.
c. Strong organizational skills.
d. Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrated motivation and initiative.
e. Willingness to work under pressure with proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Duty station: Dar es Salaam
Interest candidates should send application letter and CV through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Two weeks from the date of appearance of this advert.
Nafasi za kazi Rice Council of Tanzania Limited (RCT) - Administrative Assistant/Book-Keeper