Role: Ophthalmology Specialist Doctor
Reports to: Clinical Director, Resident Director, Hospital Manager
Key Contacts: Clinical staff, Patients, Visitors
Level: Senior Clinical
Location: Tasakhtaa Global Hospital, Zanzibar
The post holder will -
- Have specialist knowledge in ophthalmology and other subspecialty interest (Medical & Surgical retina, Ocular motility, Vitreoretinal surgery, Diabetic retinopathy, Glaucoma, Cornea, Vascular occlusion)
- Be required to work with the Diabetic Specialist for Eye Screening.
- Provide highly specialised examination of patients attending the assessment clinics, so that comprehensive diagnosis, management, education and discharge of patients can be made.
- Provide a highly specialist optometry service, to enable full diagnosis and management plans to be made.
- Support any emergency patients and be available on call, when required.
- Be expected to provide a first class service in ophthalmology.
- Work closely with the Clinical Director and other colleagues to co-ordinate the treatment and care for the patients.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records in patients notes of all examinations and treatments undertaken
- Maintain specialist equipment with the support of the biomedical engineering department
- Transform clinical services and use resources more effectively.
- Commitment to continuing professional development