INSPIRATION IN ACTION
UN ASSIGNMENT OPPORTUNITY
NATIONAL UN VOLUNTEER IN AIDS RESPONSE; GENDER EQUALITY; AND COMMUNICATIONS
United Nations Volunteers Tanzania Office wishes to engage a Tanzanian UN Volunteer
(Programme Officer) in AIDS response; gender equality; and communications.
Duty Station, Country: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Summary of Key Functions:
• To act as Secretariat for DPG-AIDS and PMT, and as a focal point for UNAIDS’ engagement of young people, promotion of gender equality in the AIDS response, and communications.
• Secretariat duties performed for DPG-AIDS under the guidance of the bilateral lead, PEPFAR, and the multilateral Co-Lead, UNAIDS. This encompasses DPF-AIDS meeting related preparations, note taking and follow up, and coordinatation of DPG-AIDS presentations and meetings with external stakeholders such as TACAIDS, Development Partners Ground on Health, Parliamentary HIV Committee, Ministries, civil society etc. the secretariat also prepares a monthly HIV update for DPG-Health in coordination with DPG-Health secretariat, and updates the DPG-AIDS website.
• Secretariat duties performed in support of UNAIDS chairmanship of the Programme Management Team under the UN Country Management Team. This encompasses PMT meeting related preparations, note taking and follow up, and coordinating of PMT presentations and possible other engagements as necessary.
• Act as a focal point for UNAIDS’ engagement with young people and gender issues. Active promotion of the engagement of young people and related CSOs and networks in key policy forums, programmes and initiative. Support to young people in the establishment of their own network on HIV, and overall capacity building of young people and civil society groups to ensure their effective involvement in relevant HIV forums, policy-making processes and programmes. Technical support to TACAIDS in the development of HIV policies and programmes form the viewpoint of young people and gender equality.
• Act as a focal point for communications at the UNADIDS Country Office. This includes regular internal updates, drafting of UNAIDS articles for the UMOJA Newsletter – the joint UN Newsletter in Tanzania – web stories for UN Tanzania webpage, representing UNAIDS at the UN Communications Group and leading Un communications around the World AIDS Day.
• Promote or advise groups in the use of online volunteering relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Degree in development studies, community development, other social sciences or public health.
• 3-5 years of experience in HIV and AIDS policy-making and/or programmes, reports and proposal writing.
• Experience with international donors, non-governmental development organizations and/or the UN system, preferably related to HIV, gender and/or young people.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of the global and regional dynamics and implications of the HIV epidemic.
• Basic understanding of the structure and functioning of the UN System at country level.
• Experience of capacity building within civil society, preferably related to HIV, gender and/or young people.
• Ability to consolidate information from multiple sources
• Ability to deliver effectively without close supervision even in tight timeframes.
• Strong skills in team work.
• Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others.
• Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills.
• Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team.
• Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions.
• Fluency in spoken written English and Swahili is required.
• Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture (i.e studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded,
• Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Social media, and others).
Mode of Application and Terms of Reference:
Interested candidates, please apply through this link://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningld=6264.
You are encouraged to read the detailed Terms of Reference before applying. Deadline for submitting and application is on 24th October, 2016.
Note: After initial submission, you will be prompted to upload your CV please, upload copy of update P11 Form instead of a CV. P11 form is Mandatory.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only Short-listed applicants will be contacted.
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme which welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture.
United Nations Volunteers
PO Box 260 111 53153 Bonn German Telephone +49. 288 815 - 20 00 Fax +49. 228. 815-20 01
Email: email@example.com http://www.unvolunteers.org
UN Volunteers is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Nafasi za kazi UN VOLUNTEERS-Programme Officer