The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI), an affiliate of Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Organization (EFPAF) is Tanzanian led and managed national organization focusing largely on HIV and AIDS and other related health programs. AGPAHI implements all its programs in collaboration with Tanzania Government Entities through the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and President’s Office-Regional Administration and Local Government (PO RALG) and other stakeholders. AGPHAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPHI will be implementing various projects that are highly demanding and thus the organization is looking for a motivated, result drive, qualified and competent staff to feel various management positions as per the AGPAHI organogram.
The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPHI) intends to recruit several positions to hold different leadership positions in the organizations. The successful candidates will lead the different components of the organization with the aim of achieving the organization’s mission and vision and specific project goals and objectives.
JOB TITLE: Officer, Laboratory Services (5)
REPORTS TO: Regional Program Coordinator
LOCATION: Tanga, Shinyanga SImuyu, Mwanza, Geita and Mara
Purpose of post:
The purpose of this position is to strengthen the implementation and management of overall laboratory quality assurance activities and training as needed for the AGPAHI supported sites. Program Officer Laboratory Services [POLS] will provide direct technical assistance to laboratory sites and/or serve a coordinating role in ensuring that the appropriate resources are available so as to ensure supported laboratories maintain the highest level of quality systems.
Qualifications, Skills and Ability
- Advance diploma or equivalent in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Experience working in a clinical laboratory.
- Experience with laboratory tests and techniques required or the diagnosis and monitoring of the following (but not limited to): HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, STIs, and other infectious diseases.
- Experience working with laboratory equipment, reagents and consumables required for the above-mentioned infections
- Preference given to those who have proven ability for laboratory machine troubleshooting and properly maintain laboratory equipment.
- Knowledgeable of MoHSW laboratory standards and procedures.
- Knowledge in laboratory quality principles, quality assurance and quality control.
- Ability to training laboratory personnel on Laboratory quality system.
HOW TO APPLY
AGPAHI is equal opportunities employer and these positions is open to all, but ONLY qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to AGPAHI.
Submission can be dropped physically or by post in the address below:
Kazi Services Limited
3rd Fl. Infotech Place, Plot 565, Kawe, Mwai Kibaki Rd.
P.O. Box 34023
Dar es Salaam
Deadline is: Friday 14th October, 2016 at 5pm.