PCI is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing disease,
improving community health, and promoting sustainable development
worldwide. With support from United States Department of Agriculture
(USDA), PCI Tanzania will be implementing the final phase of Food for
Education (FFE) programming in the Mara region (2017-2021). The goal
of the program is to improve literacy among primary school students,
and increased use of health and dietary practices.
PCI is now announcing vacancies for the various positions
Regional Health and Nutrition Coordinator and Technical Advisor
- Provide technical leadership and advice to the Mara Regional Health department staff as they coordinate and support the District Health Offices in Mara Region in these areas.
- Coordinate and manage PCI's Health and Nutrition activities in Mara
- Region, providing direct supervision and support to the PCI Health and Nutrition Support Officer's at the District level, and ensuring that health and nutrition activities all use Government ofTanzania protocols, policies and guidelines.
- Contribute to high quality program implementation, learning, and monitoring and evaluation through active collaboration within PCI (across sectors) and Regional teams
- Foster technical capacity strengthening of Regional and District staff through technical updates, training opportunities, exchange visits, literature sharing, etc.
- Actively engage in nutrition networks and forums (DPG) to link to and support the government's national nutrition priorities.
- Master's degree or equivalent in Public Health / Nutrition or nutrition-related field.
- 8- 10 years experience in managing or providing technical support to community-level public health and nutrition programming.
- Excellent English and Kiswahili communication skills (oral and written).
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website at www.pciglobal.org and click on the "Careers'
link under the About Us tab. This will take you to PCl's Career Portal. Click
on the employment opportunities tab and then click on Search Current
Openings to find and apply for either of these open positions with PCl
A first review of candidates will happen after November 14,2016.
PCl is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only Successful Candidate will be
Source: Daily News 31 October 2016