The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI), an affiliate of Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Organization (EFPAF) is Tanzanian led and managed national organization focusing largely on HIV and AIDS and other related health programs. AGPAHI implements all its programs in collaboration with Tanzania Government Entities through the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and President’s Office-Regional Administration and Local Government (PO RALG) and other stakeholders. AGPHAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPHI will be implementing various projects that are highly demanding and thus the organization is looking for a motivated, result drive, qualified and competent staff to feel various management positions as per the AGPAHI organogram.
The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPHI) intends to recruit several positions to hold different leadership positions in the organizations. The successful candidates will lead the different components of the organization with the aim of achieving the organization’s mission and vision and specific project goals and objectives.
JOB TITLE: Pharmaceutical Management and Supply Chain officer
REPORTS: Program Coordinator, Pharmaceutical Management and Supply Chain
LOCATION: Tanga, Shinyanga, Simiyu, Mwanza, Geita and Mara
Purpose of the post:
The goal of the pharmaceutical management and supply chain portfolio is to ensure that supported facilities in the regions offer quality pharmaceutical services and support HIV/AIDS commodities management to ensure quality care for beneficiaries.
The position will have direct an indirect working relationship with the AGPAHI technical team, Ministry of Health and Social Welfare; MSD, USAID/CDC; Regional and districts Health Management teams, hospitals and health centers offering ART services in the regions mentioned above.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy with at least 5 years of experience in relevant fields
- Formal training in Pharmaceutical Supply chain management will be an added advantage.
- Experience using computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, Power point presentations and pharmacy information systems required.
- Should be registered by Pharmacy Council as per the Pharmacy Act No. 1 of 2011.
- NGO experience especially USG funded one will be an added advantage
- Thorough knowledge of national laws and regulations governing pharmacy services;
- Proficient in the use and application of new medications and technology
- Knowledge and experience on pharmacokinetic and pharmaco-therapeutics;
- Knowledge on health commodities management and supply chain management is important.
HOW TO APPLY
AGPAHI is equal opportunities employer and these positions is open to all, but ONLY qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to AGPAHI.
Submission can be dropped physically or by post in the address below:
Kazi Services Limited
3rd Fl. Infotech Place, Plot 565, Kawe, Mwai Kibaki Rd.
P.O. Box 34023
Dar es Salaam
Deadline is: Friday 14th October, 2016 at 5pm.