Policy Analyst- Tanzania
Diligent Consulting Ltd is a Tanzanian consulting firm operating primarily in the fields of Agri-economics (Agri-business), International Trade and Small - and Medium-Sized Enterprise development (SME Development). Our interests cover research and short term studies, policy analysis and capacity building. We strongly adhere to our company values of diligence, teamwork, value for money, and integrity in all the activities in which we participate. We view these values as essential in order to maintain and grow successful relationships with our clients.
The Feed the Future Tanzania Enabling Growth Through Investment and Enterprise Program (ENGINE) is a USAID-funded initiative that aims to increase private sector investment in the southern agricultural regions of Mbeya, Morogoro, and Iringa, and in Zanzibar. Utilizing a diverse database of highly-skilled volunteer experts, the program will promote changes in policy that create a more inclusive business environment with the Government of Tanzania, facilitate an open and competitive grants process to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), and increase the capacity of microfinance institutions to reach greater numbers of customers and loan money more effectively through mobile applications. Through these initiatives, ENGINE will ensure that resources and investment opportunities are available to our local partners (governments, business development services) to create a shared commitment to successful outcomes and sustainable solutions.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party/Policy Specialist, the Policy Analystprovides overall leadership and management of Diligent’s regional representatives. Additionally, the Policy Analyst will serve as the primary implementer for research, advocacy, and implementation planning of the policy reforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with key stakeholders, including government counterparts;
- Lead the technical direction of the policy work including research, advocacy and implementation monitoring;
- Identify relevant policy issues regarding the business environment;
- Articulate policy assessment tools for identified issues and assess feasibility of addressing the issue;
- Coordinate local and international STTA and Volunteers assignments;
- Participate in project evaluations, identify challenges, problems and recommend solutions.
- Advanced degree inbusiness administration,finance, international development, economics, or other relevant field required;
- Minimum 10years of experience in international development, preferably in microfinance, access to finance, and/or entrepreneurship and particularly with youth and women;
- USAID or other donor experience preferred;
- Previous experience in managing a project component or division, with budget, people management, and work plan ownership;
- Experience working in Africa required and experience in Tanzania preferred;
- English required.Proficiency in Swahili preferred.
Diligent Consulting Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are highly encouraged to apply.