The Macroeconomic and Financial Management Institute of Eastern of and Southern Africa (MEFM) is a regionally owned Institute with 14 member countries, currently: Angola, Botswana, Burundi Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. MEFMI was founded with the view to building sustainable capacity in identified key areas in ministries of finance, planning commissions and central banks, or equivalent institutions.
MEFMI strives to improve sustainable human and institutional capacity in the critical areas of macroeconomic and financial management; foster best practices in related institutions; and bring emerging risks and opportunities to the fore among executive level officials. MEFMI seeks to achieve, within its member states, prudent macroeconomic management, competent and efficient management of public finances, sound, efficient and stable financial sectors and stable economies with strong and sustained growth. The long term objective is to contribute to the poverty reduction process among people in MEFMI’s operational zone of Eastern and Southern Africa.
The MEFMI Secretariat is based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Applications are invited from suitable qualified nationals of member states to fill the following positions
- REF: 092016SEC – PREGRAMME AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTS x3
Job Summary and Key Performance areas.
Reporting to Director, the Programmer/Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
- Serving as the initial point of contact with the director;
- Giving secretarial and support services to resource people and MEFMI staff as required during workshops;
- Organizing meetings for department;
- Document management maintain electronic and manual records
- Manning the switchboard and keeping records of outgoing calls where applicable;
- Processing of word documents including letter, reports and memos;
- Editing and proof reading typed documents
- Checking outgoing despondence signed by superiors to ensure accuracy and completeness of attachments;
- Procuring goods and service;
- Sending invitation and confirmation letters to member states and participants;
- Managing travel and logistical arrangements;
- Capturing information into activity database;
Academic qualifications, Experience and competencies
- Five (5) O’ level passes including English, Mathematics/ Accounts and Commerce;
- Progressive Secretarial Diploma;
- three (3) years’ experience in secretarial and receptionist works;
- Proven experience in the use of computers using Windows, word Excel, Power point, Email and Internet;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Experience in managing workshop or equivalent events will be advantage;
- Honesty and liability;
- An effective planner with proven time management skills;
- Attention to details personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility with great team liaison skills;
- The ability to work at own initiative and tight deadlines;
- Confidentiality and discretion;
The successful candidates for the above positions will be appointed on a fixed term contract at a competitive remuneration package, which includes a tax free salary paid in US dollars.
Applicants for the above vacancies should submit written applications, clearly stating the position applied for accompanied by certified certificates, a detailed CV with names and addresses (including telephone and e-mail) of three referees (the latest color photograph to be pasted on the CV to be received by 25th October, 2016.
Applications should be sent to:
The Executive Director,
9 Earls Road
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference and position applied for.
MEFMI is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.