The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI), an affiliate of Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Organization (EFPAF) is Tanzanian led and managed national organization focusing largely on HIV and AIDS and other related health programs. AGPAHI implements all its programs in collaboration with Tanzania Government Entities through the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and President’s Office-Regional Administration and Local Government (PO RALG) and other stakeholders. AGPHAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPHI will be implementing various projects that are highly demanding and thus the organization is looking for a motivated, result drive, qualified and competent staff to feel various management positions as per the AGPAHI organogram.
The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPHI) intends to recruit several positions to hold different leadership positions in the organizations. The successful candidates will lead the different components of the organization with the aim of achieving the organization’s mission and vision and specific project goals and objectives.
JOB TITLE: Program Coordinator, Monitoring & Evaluation
RESPONSIBLE TO: strategic Information Manager
DUTY STATION: Dar es Salaam
Purpose of the post
Under the guidance and technical leadership of Strategic Information manager. The program coordinator monitoring and evaluation will provide Monitoring and Evaluation support in the implementation of the AGPAHI supported programs; this includes planning and implementation of HIV/AIDS related monitoring and evaluation activities for AGPAHI supported programs.
The position will be responsible to support and supervise AGPAHI monitoring an evaluation program officers, build the capacity of AGPAHI and facility staff on M&E,while monitoring the programs, participate in date collection, data analysis and ensure proper patient recording and reporting system.
Qualifications, Skills & Ability:
- Strong data management and data analysis skills with practical experience in using Microsoft Access, Excel and statistical software package mainly SPSS and STATA
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in Monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven previous experience in monitoring and reporting of US Government funded HIV programs.
- Experience with PEPFAR 3.0 funded projects in Tanzania.
- Technical understanding of PEPFAR 3.0 and USAID indicators and managing for performance
- Proven previous experience in conducting monitoring and evaluation training, and development of M&E tools in monitoring HIV & AIDS programs.
- Excellent understanding and ability to prepare and monitor measurable indicators.
- A degree in Statistics, Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Doctor of Medical or any field providing the essential skills and experience for this position, master degree in the same mentioned area is an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
AGPAHI is equal opportunities employer and these positions is open to all, but ONLY qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to AGPAHI.
Submission can be dropped physically or by post in the address below:
Kazi Services Limited
3rd Fl. Infotech Place, Plot 565, Kawe, Mwai Kibaki Rd.
P.O. Box 34023
Dar es Salaam
Deadline is: Friday 14th October, 2016 at 5pm.