The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI), an affiliate of Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Organization (EFPAF) is Tanzanian led and managed national organization focusing largely on HIV and AIDS and other related health programs. AGPAHI implements all its programs in collaboration with Tanzania Government Entities through the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and President’s Office-Regional Administration and Local Government (PO RALG) and other stakeholders. AGPHAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPHI will be implementing various projects that are highly demanding and thus the organization is looking for a motivated, result drive, qualified and competent staff to feel various management positions as per the AGPAHI organogram.
The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPHI) intends to recruit several positions to hold different leadership positions in the organizations. The successful candidates will lead the different components of the organization with the aim of achieving the organization’s mission and vision and specific project goals and objectives.
JOB TITLE: Program Officers, Clinical Services (4 posts)
REPORTS TO: Senior Program Officer, Clinical Service
LOCATION: Tanga, Mwanza, Shinyanga, Simuyu Geita and Mara
Purpose of post:
The program officer, Clinical services will be responsible for managing AGPAHI supported activities at regional, district and health facility levels in collaboration with local government authorities and facility management teams. Task will include; provision of technical support to service providers, follow up on implementation of activities by local Government Authorities, documentation of lessons learned and best practices and support quality improvement initiatives. He/She will work with other staff members to implement planned activities with timely reporting.
Qualifications, Skills and ability
- Advance diploma or degree in Medical related field.
- Experience in providing HIV care and treatment services.
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience required with 2 years working experience in HIV/AIDS care treatment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working for donor funded HIV projects.
- Technical understanding of HIV and AIDs health service indicators and managing for performance.
- Excellent knowledge of current HIV and QI, TBHIV and PMTCT national guidelines, policies and SOPs.
- Ability to develop and support implementation of project work plans.
- Computer literacy is necessary and the applicant should be comfortable working with the basic Microsoft packages (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
HOW TO APPLY
AGPAHI is equal opportunities employer and these positions is open to all, but ONLY qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to AGPAHI.
Submission can be dropped physically or by post in the address below:
Kazi Services Limited
3rd Fl. Infotech Place, Plot 565, Kawe, Mwai Kibaki Rd.
P.O. Box 34023
Dar es Salaam
Deadline is: Friday 14th October, 2016 at 5pm.