PCI is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing disease,
improving community health, and promoting sustainable development
worldwide. With support from United States Department of Agriculture
(USDA), PCI Tanzania will be implementing the final phase of Food for
Education (FFE) programming in the Mara region (2017-2021). The goal
of the program is to improve literacy among primary school students,
and increased use of health and dietary practices.
PCI is now announcing vacancies for the various positions
Regional Education Coordinator and Technical Advisor
- Provide technical leadership and advice to the Mara Regional Education department staff in pre-primary and early grade reading and writing skills development, as they coordinate and support the District Education Offices in Mara Region in these areas.
- Coordinate and manage PCI's Education activities in Mara Region, providing direct supervision and support to the PCI Education Support Officers at the District level.
- Contribute to high quality program implementation, learning, and monitoring and evaluation through active collaboration within PCI (across sectors) and Regional teams
- Foster technical capacity strengthening of Regional and District staff through technical updates, training opportunities, exchange visits, literature sharing, etc.
- Support efforts aimed at building community and parent engagement for reading,and support for ECD and emergent literacy skill acquisition through the Education Cascade Group approach.
- Coordinate with EQUIP-Tanzania, Graca Machel Foundation and other key Education actors working in the Mara region, while linking to and supporting the government's national-level education prlorjties.
- Master's degree or equivalent in Education, with a focus on reading education, curriculum and instruction, or teacher training.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of international evidence-based approaches to learning reading using phonics-and systematic and structured instruction, and experience using these approaches in instructional design or direct instruction strongly preferred.
- Excellent English and Kiswahili communication skills (oral and written).
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website at www.pciglobal.org and click on the "Careers'
link under the About Us tab. This will take you to PCl's Career Portal. Click
on the employment opportunities tab and then click on Search Current
Openings to find and apply for either of these open positions with PCl
A first review of candidates will happen after November 14,2016.
PCl is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only Successful Candidate will be
- Source: Daily News 31 October 2016