The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI), an affiliate of Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Organization (EFPAF) is Tanzanian led and managed national organization focusing largely on HIV and AIDS and other related health programs. AGPAHI implements all its programs in collaboration with Tanzania Government Entities through the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and President’s Office-Regional Administration and Local Government (PO RALG) and other stakeholders. AGPHAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPHI will be implementing various projects that are highly demanding and thus the organization is looking for a motivated, result drive, qualified and competent staff to feel various management positions as per the AGPAHI organogram.
The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPHI) intends to recruit several positions to hold different leadership positions in the organizations. The successful candidates will lead the different components of the organization with the aim of achieving the organization’s mission and vision and specific project goals and objectives.
Position: Reproductive and Child Health Manager
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
The RCH manager is responsible for the providing technical support and leadership for all Reproductive (including PMTCT), pediatric and adolescent HIV care activities for the organization. The RCH manager will ensure all AGPAHI staff and health care providers in supported facilities have the capacity to provide the highest quality care in the specified component to ensure the AGPAHI mission and vision are realized. The position will work under the guidance of the Director of Programs and will work with the technical teams to ensure AGPAHI has the relevant capacity to implement the activities in the specific component of the organizations’ programs.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead planning and implementation of the RCH activities AGPAHI and coordinate with other department’s leaders to make sure that RCH activities are well integrated within the broader program.
- Responsible for capacity strengthening for AGPAHI staff and health care providers at partner facilities to ensure services provided are of highest quality.
- Network with local in-country organizations involved in maternal and pediatric HIV care and treatment and promote linkages between points of service and organizations working providing HIV support to women, pregnant mothers and children.
- Provide leadership in the adolescent programming for AGPAHI
- Participate in national PMTCT and pediatric initiatives and ensure that national guidelines are implemented within AGPAHI.
- Identify, document and share various key lessons learnt on reproductive child HIV care and treatment from.
- Integrate evidenced based techniques and strategies such as use of peer reviewed articles and journals into the
- Coordinate reporting on implementation of RCH activities within the program
- Will be a major contributor to the organizations Continues Quality Improvement initiatives Plan and Implement strategic changes to improve services delivery.
- Attend meetings, consolidate and write reports, and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Registered Medical Doctor (MD) or equivalent OR Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSc Nursing)
- Additional training in Pediatrics will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of pediatric clinical experience desirable
- Minimum of 2 years working in HIV/AIDS care and treatment at the national and /or international level
- Experience in pediatric HIV care and PMTCT programming
- Knowledge of national and World Health Organization guidelines on HIV care need treatment and PMTCT
- Prior experience in capacity building – such as planning and facilitating trainings and providing technical assistance
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, Ms Power Point minimally and working knowledge and use of Statistics packages preferred)
HOW TO APPLY
AGPAHI is equal opportunities employer and these positions is open to all, but ONLY qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to AGPAHI.
Submission can be dropped physically or by post in the address below:
Kazi Services Limited
3rd Fl. Infotech Place, Plot 565, Kawe, Mwai Kibaki Rd.
P.O. Box 34023
Dar es Salaam
Deadline is: Friday 14th October, 2016 at 5pm.