RESEARCH COORDINATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Source Dailynews, 5th Oct 2016
The Ministry of Health, Community development, Gender, Elderly and Children pursues candidates for the following posts
Job Title: Research Coordinator. (one post):
Duty station: National TB and Leprosy Program Dar es salaam.
Reporting to: Program Manager
Purpose of the Job: To coordinate all TB, TB/HIV and Leprosy related researches In the country
Duties, Responsibilities and Tasks.
1. To take lead in identifying key TB, TB/HIV and Leprosy priority operational and basic research agenda
2. Take lead in the formulation of TB, TB/HIV and Leprosy research agenda
3. To coordinate research academic institutions and implementing partners in implementing the TB, TB/HIV and Leprosy research agenda
4. To monitor and keep inventory of all relevant TB, TB/HIV and Leprosy researches in the country
5. To keep track and inform the program on new technologies in the control of TB, TB/HIV and Leprosy
6. To take lead in representing the MOHCDGEC /NTLP collaborating with research and academic institutions
and implementing partners in the conduct of research.
7. To Coordinate the dissemination of research findings both nationally and internationally
8. To take lead in the translation of research findings into policy and policy into practice
9. To mobilize resources tor the conduct of TB, TB/HIV and Leprosy researches through Partnership and
development of proposals
10. Any other duties as assigned by the programme manager
Academic Qualifications and experience
1. Medical doctor
2. Master's degree in Epidemiology, Field Epidemiology or Public Health. Master's Degree In Statistics is an added advantage
3. At least three years' experience in the field of Research
4. A good knowledge of statistical software package ( STATA, SPSS. Excel, Epi Info, Epi data)
5. Good command of English and Kiswahlli both in writing and speaking
6. Sound computer skills: Microsoft office applications
All applications enclosed with certified copies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae should be addressed to under mentioned officer within two weeks from the date of first appearance of this advertisement.
Candidates who are currently employed should channel their applications through their employers. Applicants are advised to avail contact addre5ses Including emails and telephone numbers •
All applications should be sent to
Ministry of Health, Community development,
Gender, Elderly and Children.
PO. BOX 9083
Dar -es -Salaam
ATN : Programme manager .•
National TB and Leprosy programme.
IF YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION
- Please follow the application instructions