Ukonga Community Saccos intends to recruit a Party time SACCOS Accountant reporting to the SACCOS Board through Manager. The job holder is responsible for day to day Accounts operations
The accountant is a responsible Officer who manages the Accounts activities in collaboration with the SACCOS Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the organization's financial planning, forecasting and budgeting.
• Responsible for management of costs so as to achieve business growth as outlined in the strategic plan.
• Responsible for supporting decision making through preparation, analysis and presentation of comprehensive, timely, reliable and compliant financial reports.
• Ensure effective implementation of financial and accounting policies and procedures .
• Management of the Accounts general and subsidiary ledgers in accordance with International Financial
• Reporting Standards(IFRS) and International Accounting
• Standards (IAS) and preparation of the Final accounts for audit.
• Prepare and analyze on a regular basis the SACCOS business plans, budgetary estimates and provides explanations on variances .
• Provide support to all other functions to enhance organization goals. Ensure proper planning and forecasting of SACCOS operations.
• Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on performance of the SACCOS to the Board and Mrajis.
• Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Organizing Loan Committee meetings, record minutes and follow up on agreed action plans. .~
• Ensure all transactions are accurately done, recorded and properly filed (manually/ computerized) competencies.
• Prepare and verifying monthly statement for the members and keeping records for the all members.
• Answering queries regarding work being performed.
• Ensure filling is done in a timely and accurate manner.
• Prepare Bank reconciliation Statements I reconciling accounts general Ledger with sub-ledger accounts and double checking all reimbursements request against receipts received.
• Ensuring purchase order, receiving and invoices are matched.
• Compiling routine monetary numerical information for report on internal computer records.
Required Academic and Professional
First Degree in Finance/ Accounting; Advanced Diploma in Accountancy .
Qualifications in SACCOS's operations, First Degree in cooperative management, Business Management,
Microfinance, Marketing, Entrepreneurship or any other relevant field would be an added advantage.
• At least 3 years experience in SACCOS/ Finance management position .
• Two years experience with reputable SACCOS at Management level.
• Ability to carry out financial analysis, financial projections and budgeting .
• Ability to analyze problems and provide solutions in line with established Superior knowledge and proficiency in computerized accounting operations .
• The applicant must be of age Minimum 25 years.
• Computer skills: Must have practical computer working experience of Office Applications especially Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong leadership skills and decision making ability .
• Excellent analytical skills self-drive and initiative.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested and suitably qualified Tanzanian should forward their applications within 14 days after first appearance of advert, including a well written application letter, a detailed up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with referees, One (1) current passport size photograph and copies of all academic and professional credentials enclosed in an envelope marked with applied position on it to:
Chairperson Ukonga Community Cooperative Savings and Credit Society Limited (DSR 650) Stakishari (100m. After rail crossing) Segerea Seminar Road P. O. Box 95651, DAR ES SALAAM.
Click APPLY below Not: Ukonga Community SACCOS is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. If you do not hear from us within 14 days after the deadline, consider yourself unsuccessful.